1

"Jake honey hurry we need to go," my mom yelled from the car. I nodded and turned back to the Grey family. I hugged Austin my bestfriend and said, "I'll miss you." He replied, " I will too but you'll be back and the team will be waiting." I nodded and said bye to his parents.
Before I could turn to go Lucy, Austin's little sister, came out and smiled reveling her blue braces and said, "I'll miss you Jake." I patted her little head and said I would too. She turned making her ponytail bounce and went back inside with her tee-shirt, jeans, and converse. She is 13 so she has zits here and there but you can't blame here she's blooming.

I said goodbye one more time and climbed into the car. I rolled the window down and waved as my dad drove off. 

<><><>

Today was the day we could go back to the old town. I was excited. I had turned 18 last month. I was packed and I got dressed in jeans, a grey shirt with a red flannel over it and black converse. I looked in the mirror and said I was okay.

After the plane landed we drove to our old home in the old town. It feels like just yesterday we were here. My parents began unpacking as I yelled, " Later I'm going to say hi to Austin" I walked out and was greeted by the beaming Saturday sun. I nearly ran to his house. Before I could knock he opened the door and hugged me saying, "I missed you bro!"

After saying hi we went in so I could say hi to his parents. His mom kissed my cheek and said, " My Jake you've grown so much since the last time we saw you." I smiled saying, "Yeah I just turned 18 last month and I'm going to finish senior year with Austin."

We sat and chatted a while when his mom said, "Sorry Lucy isn't here she is finishing a school project at a friend's house and since me and my husband are going out in the afternoon I told her to walk to the park where you practice since it's close and I was hoping you could give her a ride home Austin?"

He nodded and said, "Speaking of which look Jake." He handed me a baseball uniform saying, "The team is still together so we were hoping you could go to practice later." I smiled and said, " Like the same guys as when I left?" He nodded as I said, "Ok I'll see you there but I should go help unpack nice seeing you again Mr. and Mrs. Grey." They smiled as I walked out the house and walked home.

I can't wait to reunite with the team.