NINE

(edited) --> Don't forget to vote by pressing the little star. Thank you <3

Dylan's POV

I straighten my shirt with my hand before I knock on her door. Okay, time to play. Be cool Dylan, just be cool...

I have no idea why my palms are sweating.

The door slightly opens and two brown eyes peek out so I decide to give a light nod. I can't exactly make out who it is, but I don't want to be rude. The door further opens and I see Melanie's dad with a grin on his face, "Ahh, come in son, what brings you here today?" he asks as I step inside the little hallway hoping Melanie will be down in a couple of seconds since she probably heard her dad and knows that I'm already here.

I hope this won't be as awkward and too jolly like her parents always are. "Oh Melanie hasn't told you?" He blinks waiting for me to carry on since he probably doesn't know about anything, "Um, I... thought- I thought that I would take Melanie to the movies this evening... as a thanks, nothing serious" I mumble my sentence through since it didn't fail to get awkward for me.

He gives me a look of slight confusion, "As, uh- as a... as a thanks for umm, you know, all the study lessons she's been giving me. I really appreciate that" I clear out for him, he smiles and places his hand on my shoulder, shaking it a bit as to say 'I know it's a date but I approve'. 

I start shaking my head relentlessly trying to say he's got the wrong idea, "you sure son?" he asks me and I start nodding my head relentlessly again, he just smiles, taps my shoulder once more and goes back off into the living. And why is he always calling me son? Such a weird thing to do.

As if on cue, Melanie came downstairs in her black skinny jeans, baby blue tight shirt and a black leather jacket, wearing some black ankle converse shoes to match her outfit. Her long chocolate brown hair is curled and bounces with every step she takes down the stairs.

Her gaze finally meets mine and a honest grin appears on her face, "hey I didn't know you were going to be here so early" she says as she jokingly slaps my hand that's in the pocket of my blue jeans.

I shrug a bit too innocently, "Well what can I do? You hate when I'm late" she giggles a bit and nods after staring into my eyes for a while.

"So can we go?" I say wanting to get out of the door immediately because it's so warm in her house. "Yeah sure, mom I'll be home around eleven-ish okay?!" she shouts the last part since her mother is in the kitchen washing the dishes, "Whaaat!! Eleven?!" A voice screams out of the kitchen and we soon hear footsteps coming towards us.

"Okay fine, ten. Love you, mwah!" Melanie shouts back and gives her a kiss on the cheek when she comes into the hallway. Her mom just smiles and waves us a goodbye, Melanie closes the door behind us, dragging me behind her not even letting me say bye to her mom or dad.

I don't think she noticed her hand slipped into mine while she was dragging me out but I can't say I hate it. She immediately retreats her hand when she feels me squeeze her hand in mine and starts walking extra fast.

Who is she trying to escape? A grin is placed on my face once again when I realise it probably made her uncomfortable, our hands together.

"What's the rush huh?" I cock an eyebrow and she rolls her eyes, "Umm better seats?" she replies in a 'duh' tone.

I chuckle to myself and then look up at her, "You look good tonight" I casually compliment, licking the bottom of my lip.

Her eyes sparkle before her lips part open, "Thank you. I tried to be cute tonight." She dressed up because of me?