BONUS - Preparation (part 2)

1 month earlier - Melanie's POV

I wake up with a groan, stretching my arms out to the window to cover the sun that's beaming right into my eyes. I turn to my right and check the time that read 8:07am. After realising it's Saturday and we have no school, obviously, I quickly jump out of bed, going straight into the bathroom.

I don't know why, but I feel like today's is the best day of my life, maybe it's because of the weather being really really nice, or the fact that I'm going to pick up my prom dress this afternoon. Yep, I'm betting on the second one more.

Turning my shower on and twisting the temperature dial to a decent temperature, I take my clothes off. Taking my shaving foam, my razor and my toothbrush along with my toothpaste from the cabinet underneath the sink, I step into my shower, instantly relaxing under the water.

I can't believe that principal Lane let us join Merlyn Hill High for prom this year. Two schools joining for prom never really happened, until now, I bet this is going into the schools history book. But thinking about it now, we do have good connections with them because they are in fact the most sophisticated school, with best education, etc. BUT we have the best football team so it makes us even I guess. I'm really glad I'll get to be with Eve for prom though.

I hope that the store we went to last time brought some new arrivals of prom dresses or just formal dresses or just anything! Me, Eve and Alicia searched in every store there is and we couldn't find anything that looked a bit vintage, Eve just screwed the theme because she got very impatient and ordered a black dress that looks like she could wear it to a Quinceañera if we were Spanish, now she just has to pick it up because last time they didn't have her size.

Meanwhile, me and Alicia are still going to be looking. However, the shop assistant did tell us they were going to order some vintage dresses for us anyways so we're not completely lost here. Everyone told us that it was the best store for prom dresses, I just hope my opinion about the store changes after they show me their new arrivals. Besides that, I'm just really excited to have my best friend and my cousin with me for prom.

After about 45 minutes of spending time in the shower, shaving my legs, arms and just my whole body basically, I get out of the shower with towel on my head and a towel around my body. I peek through the door checking if my dad's around and when I see that there's no one to be seen I quickly tip toe to my bedroom and lock my door.

I walk to my night stand to check my phone for any notifications and see a message from Eve and Alicia on our Facebook group chat called "Bad Bitches". I read the message What time are we meeting bitches? I can't wait to try my badass dress (Eve) and start typing away with my fingers as another notification appears on the top of the screen and then disappears after a couple of seconds, I check my iMessages and see a new text message from Dylan, without knowing a smile automatically plasters on my face.

He asked if he can see me today, I'm going to the mall with Alicia and Eve to pick our dresses up for prom, but I should be free at around 6pm ;) I click send and put my phone down after replying to Eve's message on our group chat.

I start rummaging through my clothes, trying to pick the best outfit for today's weather. I then decide to go with some baby blue denim shorts, a white lace vest with cute collars and no sleeves with some white converse shoes to match. I'll probably make a messy bun for a change and accessorise it with a baby blue bow to match it to my shorts. And I obviously need my favourite brown leather over shoulder bag.

 And I obviously need my favourite brown leather over shoulder bag