BONUS - Preparation (part1)

First off: THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH FOR 6K READS!!! LIKE HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE, SOMEONE EXPLAIN PLS. Next up: The story just got ranked #900 in the Teen Fiction HOW THE FUCK DID THAT HAPPEN?! anyway imma quit screaming lol thank you to every single one of you lovely faces, enjoy this long ass chapter that took me forever to write and I actually had to break it down into two chapters, here you go people, enjoy xx . . .

Standing in front of the mirror, dressed in my Great Gatsby tux, trying to sort out my bow tie whilst half smirking after I see Josh creeping up behind me, "Looks like you need some help with that, bro" he says, leaning on the door-frame, watching me fiddle with my black bow tie.

"I'm glad you find this amusing" I sarcastically say. He walks up to me, wanting to fix my bow tie, no one knows how to do a bow tie better than Josh, the real gentleman. 

"My hands are shaking" he says in a slightly lower tone.

"You nervous?" I ask him. So I am to be honest, I've never liked a girl as much as I like Melanie and me going to prom with her just makes everything official, everyone will know that we're going out for sure, which I'm kinda glad about because it takes the weight off of my shoulders, knowing that guys won't look at her twice because she's with me, but being a guy myself, I know it's tricky having a girlfriend as hot as Melanie, and not just hot, but smart as well. 

Before when she was still part of the geeky squad, nobody really noticed her, that's including myself, but knowing what guys are like, they'll probably provoke me by wanting to steal my girl and that's not gonna happen any time soon.

"Yeah. I mean, I've never really had a proper girlfriend before and now that I'm dating a girl that I'm genuinely interested in, I'm getting these bad vibes that people will want us to break up because I'm on the football team and she's in a Mathematics club. Two different worlds" As if he took the words right outta my mouth, it's true though, nobody would have predicted we'd end up dating the smart girls.

"I feel you" I sigh.

"You look sexy" he jokes around and walks up to my bed to sit on it, I let out a laugh as I look into the big mirror once again, thinking that the bow tie is just about perfect, "Well don't know I that already?" I respond, cocking my eyebrows at him.

"We good to go for the girls then?" he asks me being impatient, "Whoa calm down dude, you'll see her in 20 minutes" I tease him and I see a tiny bit of red colour coming through his skin on his cheeks, to which I laugh at.

"Come on then, you impatient dick" I clap on his back, leading him downstairs.

We grab the flowers from the kitchen table that we bought for our dates and head straight towards the car that I rented out, a black Rolls Royce Ghost 6.6L, year 2013. I bought 24 red roses for Melanie because I read on the internet that it means; you're always on my mind, it stands for the twenty-four hours of the day, and says that the loved one is thought of during every hour of the day. I just hope she likes them and knows what they actually mean too. She's a smart girl though, she'll figure it out. Josh on the other hand, bought 50 roses in total, 40 white roses and 10 lavender roses which are shaped in a love heart, apparently lavender roses mean love at first sight, which is a true statement in his situation.

We get in the car, feeling like bosses as we put our shades on and fasten our seatbelts, I start the engine and it makes a really loud growling noise, making my grin wider than Grinch's. Before we drive off, I put the radio on, turning it up to the maximum, ready to pick my girl up.

3 months earlier

We were in the P.E. changing rooms, putting our football uniforms on as we heard principal Lane speaking through the school's speakers, "Good morning students of Oakland High, this message is to all the seniors, we are finally allowed to give out information about this year's prom. The prom committee decided that this year's theme is going to be in the style of The Great Gatsby, all of you must wear formal clothing. You can get the tickets at the box office during lunch time, up until all of the tickets are sold. It is going to be located in the local Art Museum that you all went to for a school trip recently."