two; 160102

15:19 (january first)

"You could've at least bid him farewell," Seokjin scolded Jeongguk once Taehyung left.

"He's right you know," Jeongguk mumbled. "I've already done more than enough for him."

"Are you just being a brat because you didn't get some new girl yesterday? Or that when you finally decided to settle down, she dumped you instead?" Seokjin sighed insensitively before realizing that he was in the wrong. "Wait, Jeongguk. I'm sorry; I didn't— I mean. Ugh, I'm sorry; I shouldn't have."

Jeongguk shook his head before standing up.

"It's fine, hyung."

Seokjin sighed in defeat and let the younger of the two wander off to do whatever.

~*~

Taehyung gasped for air as soon as he exited the bar. He wasn't sure what, but something about that place was suffocating.

He then took out his phone and called the first person he could think of.

"What the fuck do you want?" Jimin's usual happy self was gone and replaced by his typical New Year's Day hangover, which Taehyung expected.

"Jimin, I need a party."

"Now? Taehyung it's—" some shuffling was heard before Jimin began to scream. "Holy fuck it's already three! I swore I wasn't going to do this again!"

Taehyung could hear groaning in the background before the phone was taken by another.

"I swear to god, Kim Taehyung, if you weren't his best friend I would have killed you a hundred times over by now."

"Sorry hyung, I thought you would have left by now."

"Ugh that's beside the point," Yoongi said as he cleared his voice. "But if this is about you being lonely again then why the fuck do you want some house party? It's just going to go as it always does: you trying to get a girlfriend and instead people just end up laughing at your lame attempts and you end up with twenty new friends. If you want to stop being the only single guy then why not try some sort of more casual japanese goukon instead?"

"A goukon?" Taehyung scoffed. "That's so lame. Besides the only people who go to those kinds of things are those who get dragged along by their friends or are really just that desperate."

"Desperate like you. Didn't you hear me? I said 'casual' as in not just some awkward mixer. There are some friends coming to our place tomorrow night if you want to join in, but mark my words if you want to keep that invitation then you better stop calling Jimin because he's freaking out right now and I honestly can't take this with my headache."

Taehyung could hear some yelling in the background, presumably Jimin, and he decided to hang up.

[note- a goukon is a Japanese mixer in which two single men and women typically invite their friends in hopes of finding a relationship. many shoujo manga and anime (I can think of some yaoi ones too lmao) contain scenes from these if you'd like some more solid details. for more information or context, look it up.]

~*~

17:03 (160102)

"Jeongguk," Seokjin groaned while begging his friend to get off his sofa. "We need to get you back into life."

The poor boy had been so heartbroken he'd held up in his friend's house for the past two nights while refusing to leave the older's couch besides grabbing more ice cream or using the restroom.