five; 160129

8:12

Taehyung woke up with his arms around someone's torso.

He couldn't see who it is, for their face was buried into his neck and their arms clung to him as well, but something about the situation made him slightly uncomfortable yet, at the same time, he wanted to stay like this. The bed was warm from the other person's body weight, and in the thick of winter, the last thing Taehyung wanted was to have to get out of the fluffy covers. He tried to shift out of the person's arms but they just clung tighter around his waist.

The last thing Taehyung could recall was trying to make space for himself to sleep on Jeongguk's messy couch— Oh.

Taehyung could feel Jeonggeuk's hot breath on his skin of his neck with the occasional mumble in his sleep. There's only one way out of this. He inhaled once and gently tried to wrestle the boy off without waking him.

After many frustrated huffs and a lot of effort, Taehyung finally managed to escape the Jeonggeuk's merciless clutches. He quickly fled the room and left the premises of the apartment, not wanting Jeongguk to get the wrong idea and think he'd slept there intentionally, especially when knowing the younger's opinion on the matter.

~*~

Jeongguk woke at around noon, an unfamiliar smell surrounding the room, yet being strangely... pleasant?

He reluctantly dragged himself out of bed and walked through his home, morning haze still strong through his brain. Once he spots the short note left on his fridge, the haze clears and Jeongguk rushes to reach the note.

Jeonggukkie,

I left you some food in the fridge. Call me later so I know you've woken up!

Taehyung was at his house yesterday. He quickly ran to check his living room to find his couch in the same state as he'd left it the night before. Did Taehyung sleep on this mess? There's no way.

Then it hit him.

The warmth in the bed, that was Taehyung's warmth. They'd shared a bed. Jeongguk's faced flushed with red for a moment before texting his hyung.

to taehyung(ie):
sorry about yesterday

to taehyung(ie):
I must've been a pain

to jeonggukkie (⌒▽⌒):
no no it was no trouble at all

to jeonggukkie (⌒▽⌒):
I'm sure I also was a pain barging in like that
text me when you feel like it okay? I won't try and come over uninvited anymore im sorry

Jeongguk decided not to respond, instead deciding to fully breathe in his apartment. It had been a while since he'd really wandered around the place (a while meaning since the new year, or in other words, since she left). He usually stayed either in his kitchen eating his life away with instant ramen or buried in the blankets of his couch staying up till morning while drowning in sorrow.

Unlike most kids his age, Jeongguk no longer had any form of education. Perhaps it was a gap year to figure out what he wanted in his life, or maybe it was simply his refusal to come to terms with the fact that he was now an adult. Sure, Jeongguk had spent the majority of his high school years whoring around with girls of all ages, but for some reason he never really thought about living on his own. He was still a dependent on his parents, after all and had no way of supporting himself, his only form of income being odd jobs here and there or if Seokjin needed extra hands at the bar.