four; 160128

11:26

"Hoseok," Jeongguk said hesitantly. "Hoseok are you home?"

"Aish." He heard some shuffling from inside "Jeongguk?" Hoseok asked when he opened the door, as though he couldn't believe his eyes.

It'd been almost two weeks since Hoseok or Seokjin had seen or heard any word from Jeongguk, and although it pained Seokjin significantly, the younger of the two talked enough sense into him that their youngest friend just needed time. Now that the time was up however, Hoseok wasn't ready at all, even though he and Seokjin had been mentally preparing themselves for so long.

Jeongguk smiled sheepishly at his hyung before hesitantly speaking. "Can I come in?"

Hoseok blinked once before stepping away from the door and walking into his small flat, which was enough a signal for Jeongguk to know to come inside.

As soon as he entered and followed the older into the main room, Hoseok walked to the attached kitchen and began preparing tea. Neither said any thing for a while, but both felt anxious that if they screwed up this meeting, they may never meet again.

"So?" Hoseok begun after some time. After all, Jungkook had been the one to come to him, so he should have the rough time of picking an ice breaker.

"How are you, hyung?"

"I'm alright. How are you?" Jeongguk had never referred to Hoseok 'hyung' before, and Hoseok knew this just a well.

"Fine."

"Jeongguk?"

"Yeah?"

"You're a piece of shit, you know that?" Hoseok couldn't keep it in any longer.

"I know."

Hoseok huffed before placing their tea on the coffee table situated in his living space and sat in the across from Jeongguk.

"Seriously. I know how you feel about homosexuals, but is that really a reason to ignore all of us? And by us I mean me. Seriously, I know he didn't leave the best impression but you could have at least given Namjoon a chance. At this point, he, Jimin and Yoongi hate you even more than they did originally. Yoongi literally shit talked you for an hour two days ago. You've basically lost your shot."

"I know, hyung," Jeongguk said with his head hung low. There it is again.

"Goddammit, Guk," Hoseok sighed. "You really fucked up this time."

"I know, hyung."

"Good. I hope it's sunken in."

They stopped speaking for a moment while Hoseok took a sip from his tea.

"You know," Jeongguk said nervously. "I talked it out, with someone unrelated that is, and you know what they told me? That being gay is just as much of a sin as I always believed it to be; however, I shouldn't care since it's really no different from a straight couple who are forbidden to be together like Romeo and Juliet."

Hoseok looked up, genuinely surprised. He knew Jeongguk. He knew that he usually wouldn't be the one to talk first in a situation like this. He knew that speaking up under his circumstances was incredibly hard for him. So Hoseok stood, and wrapped his long arms around Jeongguk. He wasn't proud, but he knew there was something more which burdened his younger friend.

"Hyung," Jeongguk cried into Hoseok's shoulder. "I'm sorry."

"I heard about Charlotte," Hoseok suddenly spoke up, letting go. "I guess this was at least a distraction?"