Chapter 2 - Maggie's P.O.V.

About a half-hour after Glenn left on the run, Maggie was feeling a bit more awake and decided to go see her dad.  As Maggie was slowly making her way down the hallway, she spotted Carl and walked up to him. 

    "Hey, Carl, do you know where Hershel is?" She asked hoarsly.

   "Um, I think he's in his cell," he replied.  

    "Alright.  Thanks."  Maggie smiled at Carl then started making her way to her father's cell. 

    When Magie finally reached his cell, she knocked on one of the bars.  "Dad?" 

    "Come in, sweetpea," he said gently.

    Maggie pulled the door open with what little strength she left.  Hershel looked up and smiled warmly as she entered the room.  "What's wrong?" He asked.  "It looks like something's bothering you."

    She sighed.  "I don't know.  I just haven't been feeling very well lately." Maggie paused. "But really, it's not that bad.  I only came here because Glenn wanted me to."

    Hershel nodded understandingly.  "Glenn is a wise man.  Now, what are your symptoms?" He inquired pressingly.

    "Um, stomach pains, cramps, and I've been feeling a little tired lately, too, I guess," She replied.

    He nodded slowly.  "Have you had your..."

    Maggie knew what he was going to ask.  To save him the embarassment, she answered before he could finish. "No, not lately."

    "You don't think you could be pregnant, do you?"

    Maggie sighed shakily and covered her face with her hands.  "That's what I was afraid of, daddy.  I'm scared."  

    She leaned into her father's arms.  He kissed her on the forehead.  Maggie started to cry softly into her hands.  

    "Shhh..." He comforted her.  "It'll be alright.  Here, I'll find you a tester.  I'll be right back, ok, Maggie?" 

    Maggie sat up, wiped her tears, and nodded.  Hershel left, and she sat on the cot and waited patiently until he finally returned, holding a pregnancy test in his hand.  

    Maggie stood up and took it from him.  She stuffed it deep down into the pocket of her jeans.  Then, before leaving, she hugged her dad tightly.  "Thanks, daddy.  I love you."

    "I love you too, darling," he replied gently.

    Then, Maggie left his celll and reluctantly made her way to the nearest bathroom.