Chapter 8 - Maggie's POV

Maggie was now about 3 months into her pregnancy, and now everybody in the prison knew.  Almost everyone seemed supportive, but just a few people were on-edge; thinking that having another baby in the group would be too much to handle.  But Maggie tried not to worry about the future too much.  She wanted to focus on keeping her unborn child healthy and not stressing over trivial little problems.  Keeping healthy also meant no supply runs and no hard work.  But she kept herself busy finding small chores to complete around the prison.

    Maggie was somewhat excited to be having a baby, but she felt a little out of place.  She had never really imagined herself as a mother.  Well, not recently, at least.  And what would happen when her child was born?  She was confident that her father would get her through it, and if not, at least take good care of her baby.  But it was what would happen after the baby was born she was worried about.  How could she and Glenn possibly raise a healthy child in a world filled with everything and everyone trying to kill you at all costs?  But Maggie tried not to think too much about that.  She didn't want to overthink things that were still a long ways away from happening.

    Glenn was very caring and supportive so far.  He would kiss Maggie's belly every morning when they woke up, and siing a hushed lullaby to their unborn baby every night before they fell asleep.  Maggie loved the sound of his soft, gentle voice and the comforting feeling of his lips on her skin.  She knew that Glenn would be a wonderful father, which gave her the bittersweet reassurance that if she didn't make it through this, he would give their child the best life he could give.

    Maggie never shared these morbid thoughts with Glenn because she didn't want to scare him, but she knew that they could very likely become all too true.