Chapter 12 - Andrea and Scott

TAYLORS POV

Oh dear god. WHAT THE ACTUAL HELL JUST HAPPENED? Adam just proposed to me. Luckily he didn't follow me or I'd have filed for a restraining order. What is his problem? As soon as something finally goes right in my life , he appears just to make it worse. I start to drive home. Should I tell Tom about this? I don't think I should, as he might take it the wrong way.  I pull into my LA home and security lets me in though the gates. I let myself in the front door and look for Tom. I find him lead on the floor, asleep.Wow. Ugh I think to myself as I look through the cupboard. No treats. For the first time in over a year I feel the urge to stuff my face. I find a jumbo sized packet of Oreos and finish them all.

I swear Tom has raided these cupboards on several occasions because there is literally NOTHING left apart from random tins and packets.

Fridge. The fridge isn't as bad as the cupboard and I manage to fish out some ingredients for chicken and rice.

----------------------------------

*Time Skip while we wait for the chicken and rice to cook*

----------------------------------

TOMS POV

How long was I asleep?I feel a lot better after that nap. I smell something amazing and walk into the kitchen. Taylor is just serving up two plates of chicken and rice as I enter. "Good evening sleepyhead!" She says walking up to me and putting her arms around my neck, her beautiful blue eyes looking into mine. "Do you feel well enough to eat?" She asks. "I guess we'll have to find out!" I reply. We sit at the table and eat, talking about the most random things on earth. Taylor is eating, not as fast as I am, but she's still eating. It brings a wave of relief over me. "When you're better, do you mind coming with me to see my parents? It's just they'd like to see how I'm doing now that I'm out the hospital," Taylor asks, smiling. Taylor's parents knew me briefly, as we met when she was in hospital. I bet they just though we were friends and not anything serious. But they seemed like really nice, down to earth people."Sure! When shall we go?" I ask eagerly. "Well whenever you're better really. I was thinking the other day and wouldn't it be better if we were based in New York? I mean if you like it here we can stay here but all my friends are over there, the studio that I'm meant to be working in is there and the New York apartment is my favourite house of all." Taylor explains. "That sounds great. How about we pack up all of our stuff, head to Nashville to see your parents, then go straight to New York from there?" I ask. "Sounds like a plan to me!" She says, standing up and taking her plate to the dishwasher.

------------------------------------------------------------------

*ON DA PLANE*

------------------------------------------------------------------

TAYLORS POV

"Mere, stop it!" I say. She decided that it would be fun to scratch Olivia. "Play nicely guys," Tom says, picking up Meredith. Tom is probably the only person on planet earth who can lift Meredith up without being scratched to death. "Honestly, it's like having two kids sometimes!" I say. As we disembark off the plane, I see Tom start to get a bit fidgety. "You ok honey? You look nervous." I say. "Do you think they'll like me?" He asks. "Honestly if you want my parents to like you, you just need to tell them you love scrabble and like to go fishing!" I laugh. I never really Introduced my parents to any of my boyfriends until Adam came along because I was convinced that we would last forever. Another stupid mistake made by me.

AUSTINS POV(bet you didn't see that coming!)

KNOCK KNOCK

"Mum, I'll get the door!" I say rushing downstairs. Taylor and her boyfriend Tom were staying for a few days. I've only met him briefly but he seems like a nice guy. He's British. I swear Taylor has a thing for British guys these days after Harry, Adam and now Tom.

"Hey Teffy!" I say, pulling her in for a hug. "Austin this is Tom, I think you've met briefly before," she says. "Pleasure to meet you," Tom said, shaking my hand.He sounds very posh. It's probably just his accent though." Do you guys want to come in?" I ask, gesturing for them to come in. "I though you'd never ask!" Tay says, taking her boots off and putting them in the shoe cupboard.Tom follows and does the same. We walk in to the living room where dad is reading a newspaper. Standing pup to greet them , dad says. "Taylor! And?" "Tom,sir," Tom says shaking dad's hand."Please, call me Scott. Any friend of Taylor's is a friend of mine! Have you seen your mother yet Taylor?" "As a matter of fact , no I haven't. Where is she?" Tay asks. " In the kitchen I believe." I say. I follow them in. "Tay honey! So good to see you! Is this Tom?" Mum asks, smiling at him. "Yes," Taylor replies. "Lovely to meet you Tom. I've heard a lot about you!" "Have you?" Tom says looking at Taylor suspiciously. Taylor wriggles her eyebrows. "Yes. But don't worry. Everything I've heard about you seems rather charming," mums says , looking at Taylor. Taylor blushes a little bit then rolls her eyes.  "Why don't you guys take your stuff upstairs then we can eat. I cooked Taylor's favourite pasta!" "I'll show you upstairs Tom," Taylor says walking away. Tom follows her upstairs.

TOMS POV

Taylor leads me upstairs to her old bedroom. "Wow," I say as she opens the door. It's a massive bedroom with a queen sized bed in the middle. The wallpaper was a deep lilac, with magenta skirt boards. Around the room are loads of notebooks, probably what she used to write songs in. On one side of the room there are some instruments. One of them happens to be the very first guitar she owned. One would say that it's sacred. "I keep forgetting to take this with me whenever I come here, so  please don't let me forget it this time, ok?" She says gesturing at the guitar. "You can put your stuff down In This corner if you like," "Thank you love," I say, plonking down my suitcase. "For what?" She asks, looking at me."Everything," I reply kissing her on the forehead.

We talked about all of her instruments, and looked at her songwriting notebooks until dinner was ready. "HUNGRY PEOPLE MUST REPORT TO THE TABLE ASAP!" I hear Andrea shout. Everyone drops everything now (meet me in the pouring rain! Lol) and rushes to the dining room table. As Taylor and I climb down the stairs, the smell of Andreas pasta makes it's way to my nose. Now I know where Taylor got her cooking skills from. I sit between Austin and Taylor and we tuck in.

TAYLORS POV

"This is the best pasta I've ever had!" Tom says as he fills his plate up with more pasta. I zone out from the conversation and look down at my half empty plate. I can do this. I think Mom sees me looking down at my food and puts her hand on my knee. When I zone back in to the conversation the guys are talking about how a Ferrari is better than a Lambourgini or something like that. "So, who likes ice cream sundaes?" Mom asks. "MEEEEEEE!" I scream. Everyone looks at me. "Easy Taylor!" Dad says. Tom and Austin start laughing. Mum brings out some massive ice cream sundaes. She put extra fruit in mine to make it easier for me. I got this.

When we finished dinner Austin got out some board games. "Monopoly anyone?" He says laying the box out on the table. " That sounds fun! Shall we play in teams?" Tom says.

"Ok, how about Dad and mom against us three?" I say. "But that's unfair!" Mom says. "No it's not because Dad is the literal GOD of Monopoly and it would unfair to put him in the three. Plus, I suck so it'll technically only be Taylor and Tom against you two," Austin says. We all agree. Luckily we end up winning but it took a long time! It's nearly eleven! I'm yawning so much as the jet-lag is real. "Are you tired love?" Mom says. "Yeah. Jetlag's a bitch! I think I might go up to bed now. Coming?" I say looking  at Tom now."Sure," We goodnight to everyone and head up for bed. I wash all of my makeup off and get ready for bed. When I head back into the bedroom Tom's looking at some photo album. "Oh god.That's embarrassing! Give that here!" I say trying to take it off him. "No it's not- it's cute," We sit and look at it together. Some stuff in there is actually not that bad. When we've finished looking at the photo album I clamber into bed. "If you don't want to me to sleep here with you I can always go to the spare bed," he says. He's such a gentleman. "No, I think I'd prefer it if you'd stay," I say smiling. He gets in and puts his arm around me. It's not the kissing or the hugging that makes it special. It's his presence. Just being with him makes me feel safe.