"Go back to sleep."

Aot universe

"(y/n)! You need to leave with Eren now! Protect him at all cost!" Eld shouted, turning around and reattaching his maneuver gear to the trees that you have just passed.

Petra soon followed, nodding to Oluo. Soon they both zipped back, focusing to the female titan. You tried to open your mouth to protest, but you were cut off by Oluo who gave you a confident smile and said, "Don't worry (y/n), we'll be back before you know it...Zipping just right behind you." Petra smiled lightly before adding, "Besides, us guys still need to have that picnic right?" She giggled turning away from you now. Soon they were all dots zipping around the female titan. Looking back at them, you gave them a confident smile that they never saw.

You turned front now but Eren seemed to still look back. "Eren, full speed now." You shook him out of his thoughts. He nodded, as you both prepared to accelerate when you were distracted by the screams behind you. You both faced back, wide eyed as you saw them thrown and murdered by the titan herself.

Everything went in slow motion and everything fell silent. You could hear your pulse throbbing and your heart beating loudly. No. This is not happening.

Before you knew it, you accelerated and started swinging fast towards the titan and started scathing the titan's body. You were raging and knew you were slicing as much as skin and parts as much as possible in fast pace, but the female titan was still smart enough and before you knew it, your gear has been caught and you've been thrown. Your body hit the tree and your head throbbed. All you could see were two titans fighting, a bloodied girl by your other side, and a silhouette of a man before everything went black.

"No!" You sat up, panting and sweating. You had your hands on your forehead before rubbing your face and sighing. Tears started to form on your eyes as you placed your head in your hands. "No, no, no stop it..." You shook your head before throwing yourself out of bed and pacing around the room. You started biting your nails and raking your fingers in your hair. You felt cold for all you were wearing was Levi's white button up. You stopped by the window looking at the dark, hugging yourself. "No..." You whispered faintly before letting loose. You cried softly trying not to make any sounds for anyone else outside to hear.

You were too consumed in your negative thoughts that you didn't notice the door opening and closing. Soon there were arms wrapped around you, and you felt a soft kiss placed on top of your head. You turned around and attached your arms to the neck of the man who comforted you, Levi. He didn't say a word, he just let you let it all out as he tried to hum softly and rub your back. Soon he led you to bed, letting you sit in between his legs and rest your body against his chest. He gently took your hands and started drawing small circles in your palm before softly kissing them. You just stared at him before smiling lightly. "Sorry I had to be gone the moment you woke up. I just finished doing something." He whispered. You nodded and continued staring at him.

Levi then looked at you before setting you in his lap, facing him. "Same dream?" He asked softly to which you nodded in reply.

Levi was the only person who knew about your dreams and your real fear about the death of your squad. The moment you woke up after your knocked out state, you showed no sign of sadness and fear but instead became cold about the topic. Nobody pressed into it since they knew better. Not a single soul aside from Levi knew how it really affected you. How it hunted you in your dreams and in your sleep. Levi had been patient and gentle with you. In the morning he would be the same self, but the moment that you are both behind the doors of his room and you wake up with a fit, he'd always break his stoic self and be the most gentle person for you. How he hated seeing you like this. He saw how broken you were and he felt knives in his heart whenever you were like this. He knew how it felt, how to see your comrades dying right in front of your very eyes. He knew how it felt when all you could do is blame yourself for their deaths. All he wants to do now is bring you out of the state and let you finally feel peace once more.

He closed his eyes as your foreheads touched. He kissed you lightly before opening his eyes once more. "You know, you're one hell of a brave soldier, brat." He said, making the corners of your mouth turn up and smile lightly. "And I admire you for that." He kissed your nose. "But just think of it this way. Oluo is probably shitting his face right now since he'll be able to look at us and our secret lives from up there, right? Then imagine Eld, Gunther and Petra dragging him away from his looking spot up there." He smiled when he heard you giggle softly. "I know Eld would be beating the shit out of him while they all just laugh."

You were laughing now, and Levi adored every moment you did. For him, it is a fulfilling thing to make you laugh through the problems you've encountered. It is enough for him to hear you laugh to make him feel sane.

"Levi..." You started. He replied with a soft 'hmm' urging you to continue. "Thank you, again." You smiled as you placed your legs on his right and rest your head on the crook of his neck. He secured you with his arms before nodding and kissing you in return.

This was how you spend your nights. Mostly Levi would have different ways on how to make you feel okay once more. But for sure he didn't fail in making you feel safe. He always had his arms protecting you and he showered you with kisses as you slept. He always made sure that you always fall asleep first before he settles down.

Finally, after minutes of silence, your eyes got heavy and soon enough you were falling asleep. All you felt was one gentle kiss on your forehead and Levi leaning his head to you.

"Go back to sleep." He whispered, and soon he did too.

____________

unedited