"Stay."

Canon Universe (slight modifications) // CAUTION: spoilers for those who haven't read the manga. For those who have strong opinions regarding on the two sides (Erwin and Armin) you are allowed to express your feelings about the issue, but not to bash the one shot. I tried making it as unbiased as possible :) Note the word: Tried. Enjoy!!

5 months. It took you 5 months to gather your shit together after the previous expedition. So far, you've missed more than 16 expeditions within that span of time. The last expedition you've been at had you losing all of your senses.  With losing Captain Erwin, you cannot seem to think of a future ahead of humanity. You did trust Armin, but you had your doubts that he'd be as brilliant as the commander. It was hard, losing your brother when you had the choice in saving him. You knew Levi did what he needed to though, you don't blame anyone for what had happened.

Levi, who remained and helped Hanji regarding the Corps, wondered why you left. Was it because he wasn't able to save your brother? If you only knew what they have agreed upon, maybe you'll understand. But it was too late for right after reaching the safety of Wall Rose, you left the parade and went straight to your house to isolate yourself with the remaining memories and essence you had with your brother in the now silent and cold place. Levi thought of visiting your place, but when they reached your residence, they realized that you had moved. They took this as a sign of your official leave in the Survey Corps and respected your decision by allowing you to have your silence and freedom.

Now, you are walking in the aisle of the mess hall and you have everyone turn their heads towards you. All of them had their eyes wide, shocked that you returned. They thought they'd never see you again. They thought they lost you too once they lost their beloved commander. The silence brought by your presence was soon broken by Sasha's squeal as she ran towards you, hugging you as she bounced in glee. You can't help but smile at the potato girl, back then you've grown close to her. Soon, the gang of the 104th training corps circled you and took turns in hugging you. All of them expressed their joy and confessed that they truly did miss you. You've grown close with these kids for you went in combat and war with them by your side. You looked at them one by one making sure they all went back alive. Sasha, Connie, Historia, Jean, Mikasa, Eren, and Armin. Seeing Armin made you smile, you knew your brother knows what to do. You trusted him. If he thinks Armin is worthy enough in being a strategizing leader then so be it. You hugged him that made him blush deeply.  "Armin, I stand by what my brother thinks of and for what he believes. I believe in you. Don't fail me." You said, saluting as he saluted in return. "I won't fail you! Squad leader (y/n)!" Armin let a sigh of relief, now he knew you weren't blaming him. He was good.

You waved goodbye as you continued walking the hallway to reach the table where the leaders sat together. They did not seem to notice you, despite hearing the squeal of Sasha. But Hanji looked up and gave the same reaction as Sasha. She jumped off her spot in the middle and hugged you tightly. "I thought you'd never come back little smith!" She squealed.

Having heard that name, Levi glanced up in shock to see you. To see the girl whom he loved return. His eyes widen in a fraction before letting his cold look back at his face. He soon stood up, walked by Hanji's side. "Took you long enough, brat." He said as he gave you light hit on the head.

"Gee, thanks shorty. It' nice seeing you too." You glared before hugging him. Your action surprised him, it was something he did not expect. He thought you'd be all mad once you saw him. But he was wrong. You smiled softly, inhaling his scent you've grown to be fond of. Backing away, you placed your hands on your hips as you studied them both. The elites on the back waved at you and smiled. You chuckled, waving back at them.

"What made you change your mind?" Levi asked, desperately trying to find some answers. This was a good start.

"My brother. Humanity." You shrugged. Looking down, you knew you only said half of your reason. Sure it was for your brother, for continuing his legacy and his mission. Sure it was for humanity, because you also wanted for this war to stop. But those are not the only reasons.

--

The day went around smoothly. You first had to train once more to make sure your skills were still at its finest. Hanji and Levi accompanied you for everyone else was busy cleaning. The hand to hand combat was pretty hard considering that you haven't done combat for five months, and because Levi was your partner. It seems that he went a little harder on you now. Once you were done, you head up to your room that remained unoccupied. Your things was still there, even your favorite books that sit on the shelf. You traced your finger under the edge of your side table, and to your surprise it was clean.

He still came here. You smiled at the thought, walking further in your room. It was nice knowing that your space wasn't left unattended and that he still took regular visits here despite your absence. Now staring at the photos that were tacked in the cork board, you've noticed that there were a few photos that has been added. A photo of you and Erwin. Some candid photos of you that were all taken at a certain distance. And a picture of you and Levi. You untacked the photo and looked at it. It was taken on an expedition by Hanji. You were staring at the camera, but Levi was looking at you with a small smirk at his lips. The 104th training scouts were in the background too, posing different poses that were hilarious and funny. The door suddenly opened that caused you to turn around. It was Levi.

He closed the door behind him as he stared at you. You raised the photo and raised your eyebrow. "How did this, and the other pictures, got in here?" You asked. He walked towards you, took the photo out of your hands and tacked it back in place.

"You are not allowed to touch that, brat." He scoffed as he faced you now.

"And why is that?" You asked sitting on the desk, folding your arms in your chest. He stood inches away from you and you were hoping he'd step closer.

"It's my picture." He simply stated, not bothering to move. He stared back at the photos before sighing.

Suddenly, you felt something press to your lips. It was him. He was kissing you. You closed your eyes, your arms finding their way to his neck, as his find theirs to your waist. He held you tightly, he kissed you fiercely. He poured everything he felt on the kiss that you shared. For five months, he didn't know where you went. He didn't know where to find you. He was lost and all he could have from you was this space that you left. Your room has been his sanctuary. His escape. And this was clear to you now.

When you both pulled away, his eyes were still closed, your foreheads touching. He was afraid to break away from you, afraid that you'll go away once more, leaving him again. He is afraid that you'll go missing for a longer time. He's afraid that maybe this time you won't come back. He opened his eyes to look at you, searching for something.

"Stay." He breathed. "Stay, (y/n). Please stay."

_____

uneditedzzz

hi! school has been shitting me and its bad. But it's okay. TOMORROW IS THE RELEASE OF CHAP 85! GDINSISSJJDJDS.