"Stay there. I'm coming to get you."

Modern AU

"Stay there. I'm coming to get you." With that, Levi hang up, leaving you all alone in the streets in front of the club you were in.

You were ridiculously hammered and you just dialed someone's number, crying your heart out. Apparently, a drunk (y/n) is an emotional (y/n). This was worsened by the fact that you just had a shitty breakup last three weeks ago. You patiently sat on the gutter, observing as people plied in and out of the club. Some were still cool, some were already shitting themselves. Some were also having their emotional breakdowns, and some were laughing their assess of. You placed your chin on your hand and pouted at all of the people. Their lives seemed interesting, how about mine? You wondered. Fuck that boy. Fuck that fucker for fucking with me. You were on the verge of crying when suddenly someone grab a hold of your shoulders and shook your thoughts away from you.

"What the hell, (y/n)!" Levi shouted against the blaring music. His eyebrows were almost touching, he was giving you a frown and a strong look of disappointment.

"I'm so sorry..." And suddenly you were crying.

Levi was shocked. He hugged you, as if trying to apologize for his actions. He didn't mean for it to sound so rude or mean, but he was worried as hell for the girl right in front of him. "Shhhh...I'm.." Levi hesitated. "I'm- sorry too..." He whispered, rubbing circles on your back as you continued to cry out.

"Why should you?!" Suddenly you detached yourself away from him, rather violently, causing him to look at you with wide eyes and concern. "You're not..Jean fucking Kirschtein!" You glared at him with all your anger. "You're not Levi fucking Ackerman!!" You added, stronger and angrier.

Levi paused to look at you within an arm length as you to continue and ramble on about things. 'What do you mean I'm not Levi fucking Ackerman? I am Levi fucking Ackerman.' Levi thought. What was with him that made you so mad? With the horse face, he gets it why you were so mad. He was the fucker who broke up with you. But him? He was definitely shocked. He thought you were best friends him and enjoyed his companionship? "What?" He whispered.

"You're..." You slurred, your vision starting to blur. "You're not Levi, so don't be sorry." You pointed at the man in front of you. He looks like Levi, but you were almost certain that he was not. Almost. "You are not the dense fucker who cannot take a hint that it's him I love..." You smiled but cried the moment you processed what you said. The man that sat patiently in front of you remained calm. "I realized that though two weeks after I broke up with Horsey Jean. Heh." You laughed. The man was still sitting there. You tried to pause for a moment to stare at him and get a clear image of him. And for an unknown reason, as your vision focused, you seemed to see Levi. You smiled genuinely seeing him. "Oh my God...I'm starting to see things..." You giggled turning your face sideways, avoiding his stare.

"What do you mean?" The man said. He turned your face back to him and he inched closer. "What are you seeing?"

"Him! I see Levi." You pursed your lips to suppress the giggle that was attempting to escape from your lips. Fuck. You thought. Staring more, you tilted you head sideways before placing one of your hands to the cheek of the man who appeared as 'Levi'.

"Oh really?" Levi smiled lightly. He now understands that you don't notice that it was him. He touched your hands as he nuzzled his head in your hand. "Let's just say that I was Levi, what would you tell me?" He said softly.

"Hmmm. It's not that I would talk. But I'd rather do something to him to make him know." You whispered, looking down. The man said nothing, but he took your hands and kissed your fingertips. Then he kissed the back of your hand, before gently lacing his fingers in yours.