"Foolish girl."

Modern AU

Soft music was playing upstairs when Levi arrived at your house. "(Y/n)." He called, but there was no reply. And so he followed the music and it led him to your room.

He opened the door lightly, peeking inside. The room was dimly lit, the only lights illuminating the place were the lanterns that hung on top of your desk and the fairy lights wrapped around your headboard that Levi always called as 'the stupid christmas lights'. It was warm inside and it smelled of cigarettes and salted caramel. Levi smiled at the thought you were using his gift, the salted caramel candle. He noticed your figure, you were swaying along the music holding a cigarette stick on your right hand. With closed eyes, you took another go at the cigarette and blowed the smoke with your head tilted up. Levi stepped in, closed the door, and walked towards you. He took the cigarette from your hand and placed it in between his mouth. You arched your eyebrow at him before walking away and towards the stereo where you turned the volume of your music higher. You sat at the giant bean bag that was placed at the corner of the room and stared at Levi who remained standing, staring outside the window with one hand consuming the cigar and the other placed in his pocket.

"What the fuck are you doing in my territory bastard?" You asked him, leaning back further at bean bag you are sitting at. He faced you and started walking. He leaned down, taking the cigarette out of his mouth, blowed out smoke, and kissed you. You pushed him away, laughing at his sudden actions. "Dickhead, where's Petra?"

Unfortunately, this is how it is with Levi. You two were close friends and had separate relationships. He was with Petra and you with your college classmate. When things aren't smooth at one side, it's either he goes to you or you to him. You both found release in each other. With each other, there were no impediments to how you two would rant all night long and talk about the situation. You know how bad this is, but you just can't stop. At times, you even find yourself wishing you and your boyfriend would fight to be able to spend another night of nothingness with Levi.

"Night out with that office guy of hers again." He muttered, laying down on the floor. You crawled down and laid down beside him. You both stared at the ceiling, saying nothing and allowing the music to envelope the atmosphere with a heavy undefined tension and a hint of seduction. It was like something was pulling you together and keeping you away from each other at the same time. "I'm getting tired of her, (y/n)." He whispered causing you to
look at him.

"What? Levi, you love that girl. C'mon you're just blinded by the cloud of high-ness in the room." You chuckled, trying to tease him. Such lies (y/n). Your subconscious whispered to you.

"I'm serious." He stated. "I mean, I don't even know if I still love her, but she has put me into a routine. See her at the morning, have breakfast, have sex, see her off to work, arrive earlier than her, see her arrive, see her leave again for 'urgent meetings'. Such bullshit." Levi said. "Well don't get me wrong, the sex is good. Stop thinking that I am getting bored with our relationship. But I am no longer happy with her." Now he was looking at you. He was trying to find something in you, if you looked at him the same way he does. With pure love and more than this fuck thingy. Unbeknownst to you, it has been a long time when Levi started feeing this way. He was getting fucked up for he know he shouldn't feel this way.

"So you're saying you feel trapped and you want to feel more thrill?" You asked.

"I don't fucking know (y/n)! I mean c'mon, I think she's just playing with me." He sighed before looking up. You sat up and stood. You grabbed his hands, causing him to stand up too. He grunted as you positioned him to that dancing position you always did. You started swaying with him but he just stared at you blankly.

"C'mon Levi, stop being a grumpy fucker and start dancing." You said lively, swaying the both of you left and right. He just clicked his tongue before doing something unexpected. He suddenly spun you around and lowered you on the floor before rising up and waltzing with you. You were shocked about the sudden turn of events. From lazily dancing to fast paced dances. He was leading you in the dance you both knew. He remained silent as he he raised you up before letting you down slowly. After a few moments, he slowed down. He closed his eyes before kissing you. "Woah, what the fuck did you do to Levi? You're so touchy and showy right now huh?" You joked looking at him before grabbing his head to check him for an example. His arms were still around your waist as you continued to check as if he has a figure. He rolled his eyes before kissing you once more. The room fell silent as the song stopped and a new one played once more. As if the radio knew what was supposed to happen, it played a sad but romantic tune. It was Levi's favorite classical piece and it shocked him that you have that in your phone. "Don't even ask why." You muttered looking down, slightly embarrassed.

"Hey, (y/n)." He whispered. You hmm-ed in response and you both continued swaying, but this time he pulled you closer to him. "I thought you don't like classical music, you even said that you hated this so-"

"I said zip it Levi." You lightly hit him on his back and he just smiled.

"(y/n)." He whispered again.

"Hmmmm?"

"The world is so bitter, yet you stay so sweet." He whispered. He slowly spun you around before pulling you back to him. He hugged you, letting his chin rest on your head. This made him smile, despite his small stature he was still taller than you. Levi swayed lightly and he closed his eyes, resting for a moment.

"For the record I am not sweet. Just kind." You explained. Hugging him back, you allowed your ear to rest against on his chest.

This continued for an unknown length of time. The repeated music continued playing on the background and the smell of the candle was fading.

"Foolish girl." He grabbed your chin, titled it up and started kissing you once more.

______

unedited; to be revised