Meeting Him

Cole's POV
His picture is above

"Alpha, another rogue has passed our territory again. We've captured him. What should we do next?" My beta, Mason, mind linked me.

"Why are there so many rogues passing our territory in these couple of weeks?! Do they have any idea who they are dealing with? Interrogate him. Nevermind, kill him!" I growled in the mind link.

I could even smell the very subtle smell of blood from the rogue I just killed yesterday.

I'm so not in the mood to do the alpha works. I'm fucking tired for god's sake. There are so many stuffs I need to do and finish. Can't my day get any worse?!

I'm 18 years old and I still haven't found my mate yet. I was supposed to find my mate last year and I'm starting to lose hope. I'm looking forward for a female werewolf with an alpha blood. It will make a good and strong luna.

Ring!
Ring!
Ring!

My thoughts got interrupted by a phone call. I looked at the screen and my father's name shows up. I quickly picked up the call.

"Son, come over to our company as soon as possible. We have something to discuss." he said.

And he just ended the call. I just shook my head and sighed.

I quickly went upstairs to my bedroom and grabbed my leather jacket in the drawer. I know it's been a rough day since my mother got killed in a rogue attack. We were all devastated. It had been a couple of years since she died, yet the ache of her loss was still just as raw and consuming.

I got into my Lamborghini and drove off to the city. I live on the outskirts of the city, which is closer to the woods. That's because we're werewolves and there are so many humans living in the city. Humans are pathetic. They are weak.

I'm driving my Lamborghini fast enough so I could get to my company on time. I don't want to be late or else my father might beat me up again. He's very assertive when it comes to work.

I got so lost in my thoughts that I didn't notice another car was on the wrong side of the road and before it collides with me, I quickly turn the steering wheel to the left and bangg!
I just hit someone.

Oh damn! My head hits the steering wheel. It hurts a little, but it doesn't matter. I'm a werewolf. What matter is the person I accidentally hit.

I opened the door and hopped off my car. There, I smell the most intoxicating scent. It smells like vanilla, with a hint of roses and wait.. blood.

From then I know that my mate is around here somewhere. I walked to the crowds that gathered on the road. They all turned to look at me, but I don't care. There, I saw a beautiful girl with a brunette hair lying on the ground, hurt. She got cuts on her head and bruises start forming. I got to my knees and held her head. She whimpered, and blood started to pour from her side.

"Shit." I muttered.

Oh gosh, you just hit your mate! Go get her to the nearest hospital! She's losing so much blood, my wolf said.

But she's human! I don't want a human mate! She will die sooner or later, I snap in the mind link.

He growled.

I couldn't handle my wolf right now and I'm tired of arguing. I shut him off before he could fully control me.

I carried her-bride style-carefully to my car and lay her on the passenger seat. I don't want to hurt her. I quickly drove to the nearest hospital and went to the emergency room. The doctor and nurses are coming toward us and they motioned me to lay her down on the bed. I laid her down and the nurse pushed the bed to the emergency room.

I waited in the waiting room. All I could hear were the beeping noise from the machine and the heavy breathings from the nurses and doctor. Thanks to my wolf hearing.

My father calls me, but I ended his call. Then the phone rings and my father's name show up again. I quickly turn off my phone. I don't want to be bothered right now. Can't this day get any worse?!

One of the nurses came out of the room and asked me to fill and sign some papers. It says name? Date of birth? And so many other stuff. What the hell I don't even know her. I just randomly fill in the papers.

-Several hours later-

The doctor told me that she lost so much blood and have fractured ribs, but she will be fine.

I hope so.

I went inside the room and there she is lying on the bed. Her scent hit me again. She's so pale. Her head is covered with a bandage. Wires, tubes and machines surround her. She just lay there motionless.

I sat on the chair beside her and have the urge to caress her cheek. I instantly feel the sparks and the tingling sensation. I tucked a few loose strands of hair out of her face. I know that she's my mate and she is my other half. I'm aware of that, but I don't want a human as a mate. What will my pack say? What will my father say?

But, you can't deny the sparks, my wolf said.

She seems to wake up. She begins to stir a little. I can hear her heart beats faster from the monitor. I shifted uncomfortably in my seat not knowing how to react and what to say to her. She slowly opens her eyes and I couldn't help but smile. She smiled back. My wolf is howling with joy.

Thank God she's okay.

I still can't believe that she is my mate. Although I don't want a human as my mate, I should be responsible and take care of her until she gets better. I just couldn't leave her on the road, dying.

"Hey, are you feeling better?" I asked.

**
You're my drug of choice. I was addicted the first time I inhaled your existence
                                       -karma_legend
                                                                   **