Confused

Kyla's POV
Picture of the hospital room is above

I can feel someone caressing my cheek. It feels so good. Then reality hits me hard on the face. My heart sinks. Oh my god I just got hit by a car! I slowly open my heavy eyes and let them adjust to the brightness of the room. I'm in the hospital room.

I saw a figure sitting next to me. I furrowed my eyebrows. Wait. Was he the guy that hit me? I began to stir, but my head hurts a lot. He saw me wake up and then smiled at me. I just smiled back at him. That's kinda weird.

He's wearing a grey shirt and a leather jacket with jeans. He's very good looking and charming. I bet he works out a lot because I can see his muscles through the shirt he wears -- not too small and not too big either. Just perfect. He got some veins popping out from his arms. I quickly look away, feeling embarrassed that he might know I was checking him out.

"Hey, are you feeling better?" He asked.
"Yeah, h-how did I get here?" I answered softly.

My throat feels so dry. I need water. He seems to notice because he reached a glass of water on the table near the bed and slowly put it in my mouth. I slowly drink the water.

"Err, look I don't know you and I'm really sorry that you got into this situation. A car was on the wrong side of the road, and I turned my steering wheel. I'm sorry I accidentally hit you" He told me.

Of course you should be sorry. You're the one that hit me with a car. I almost died! I mentally shouted at him. I tried opening my mouth, but nothing comes out, although I have so much to say. I just nodded.

"I will pay for your medication and everything until you're out of the hospital. You don't have to worry. My name is Cole. I'll be going though. I need to be somewhere else. My b-beta -- I mean friend, Mason will be here soon."

He walked towards the door and left, leaving me speechless. I just stared at the door disbelief.

He just left me?! Was he being serious? What about my basket full of vegetables that I harvested this morning? Was he going to be responsible for that too?

I know that I won't get much money out of it, but it's for my living! I'm supposed to sell it at the market today and get money.

I'm so mad right now. I can literally feel my life slowly slipping through my fingers. I must have got lost in my thoughts that I didn't hear someone knocking the door. He continued to knock. It must be Cole's friend, Mason. I told him to come inside. He did and immediately sat on the chair that Cole recently used. He's about to speak, but I cut him off.

"You're Cole's friend. Mason right? I'm Kyla. I need to go home," I said.

"Yes, but Cole told me to stay here with you until he gets back," He told me.

"Well, I'm kinda busy. I've got so many stuffs to do at home. So, I think I'd better go now," I said.

"You just had an accident. And I thought the doctor said that you need to stay here for a few d-da.."

My stomach growls so loud before he finishes his sentences. I forgot. I haven't eaten anything since morning. I'm just praying that he didn't hear that.

"Err.. you hungry?" He chuckled, showing his dimples. His eyes glistened.

Damn! He heard that.

I couldn't help but look away, hiding my blush. I can feel my cheeks heating up.

"That's okay. I'll go get you some food. Wait here," He quickly said.

"Thank you."

After he left for a while, I took all of the wires that were attached to me and got off from the bed carefully. I don't want to hurt myself. This is my opportunity to leave this hospital.

Ouch! I felt a sharp pain in my side, but I just shrugged it off.

I need to get out of here. I know that my body isn't fit enough to walk home, but I couldn't stay here. I couldn't afford all the hospital bills. I don't care if Cole is willing to pay for the medication and everything. I don't want to burden him. My mother always taught me to stand on your own and don't be too dependent on someone else.

I peeped outside the door. The hallway is clear. The hospital is so quiet. Where's everyone? I opened the door wider and ran towards the exit at the corner. The fact that I could possibly be caught at any moment made my heart pounding so fast. As I almost reached the exit, I bumped into something hard.

Really hard.

I was about to fall when a pair of hands caught me on time.

**
There is no pain greater than to be helpless in the face of a loved one's suffering
                                             -unknown
                                                                   **