She's Back

Cole's POV
Picture of Alice is above

Once I left the room, I saw Mason still sitting on the hospital bench. He lifted his eyes and stood up, bowing to me.

Mason is my beta and a good friend of mine. We grew up together. He used to be in the Red Dawn Pack, but he left for some reasons and became a rogue. My father saw him trespassing our land and asked him to join our pack. He did and we became good friends since then.

"Why are you still here?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows.

"Hey man, you haven't told me what happened. How did she get into the hospital? You just called me without telling me anything. How was your father?" He began blabbering.

I just ignored and walked passed him. I looked over my shoulder and he was there, still following me. I stopped on my track. Taking a deep breath, I turned back to him.

"I'm not in the mood to tell you right now, Mason. There are so many things that's been going on," I sighed and walked passed him, avoiding the conversation.

He stopped me.

My wolf growled inside me. He doesn't like people disrespecting him. I was so tempted to release and let my wolf in control.

"Oh come on man, you know you can tell me anything," he pleaded. He was so curious.

I know him very well, and he won't let this slide easily. He is my best friend after all.

I rolled my eyes sarcastically and ran my hand through my dark brown hair. "Okay-okay, I accidentally hit her when I was driving to see my father and I brought her here." He raised one of his eyebrows and signaling me to continue.

"And my father told me that Alice and her family are going to stay for a couple of days at the pack house. Alice is back, Mason. She's back," I finally confided, but not everything.

Kyla...

I didn't want anyone to know that Kyla is my mate, including Mason. He might be nice to her, but trust me, he's not like what you think.

"I-I didn't know what to do, or how to act around Alice," I said to him.

"She's back? That's a good thing, right? You know, you can get everything right with her and rebuild your relationship. Talk things out. I know that you still have feelings for her. Is the big bad alpha nervous? You're such a softy when it comes to love," He teased. He is right.

"And by the way, you've brought Kyla here and she's still alive. Good news, you are not a prospective inmate. And as far as I'm concerned, you see, you got a long list of criminal records too," he chuckled, clutching his stomach.

I glared at him, and he stopped laughing. I looked at my watch and it's almost 6 PM. "Come on, let's go. I need to be back in the pack house," I sighed.

"No man, I'm heading to the bar tonight," he denied.

I just nodded. I walked towards the back door. We went to the parking lot and I tried to find my car. I saw my car underneath the street light. We went on our separate ways. I'm extremely anxious and have an uneasy feeling in the pit of my stomach about this "dinner" thing. I turned the engine on. I looked at myself in my rearview mirror. My eyes were red and looked really tired. I groaned inwardly. I'm mentally and physically exhausted of the problems that keep piling up.

I drove home to the pack house hurriedly. It's almost 7 PM. Shit! I'm late. As I almost reached my house, I saw another car in the driveway. It must be Alpha Marcus and his wife, along with my "old friend", Alice. I pulled my car into my parking space, then turned off the ignition and practically jumped out of the car.

Some of the lights in the house were still on except the lights in my room. I ran up to the front door and opened it. I saw some of the pack members, and they all greeted me. One of them came up to me and said that my father and the guests were waiting. I walked towards the hallway and went to the dining room directly.

My father and the others were already there. The food was already served. My father rose up from his seat as soon as he saw me, he walked closer to me. He looked mad. His eyes were furious, but he quickly covered his face expression when Alice's mother, Luna Mary, greeted me. My father put his hand on my shoulder and guided me to the table just after he whispered something in my ear.

"Behave, son. Behave," he whispered lowly. He shot me a look.

"Oh Cole, do you still remember me, Alpha Marcus and Alice? We miss you so much," she said, kissing my cheeks over and over again. "You've grown so fast, just like Alice," She hugged me so tight, it was hard for me to breathe.

"Uhh-yes, Luna Mary. O-Of course I remember," I'm likely suffocating right now. Alpha Marcus seemed to notice. He saw me and just gave me a pity look. She finally let go of me and she smiled. Her eyes beamed. Thank God I can finally breathe normally.

Alpha Marcus came up to me and patted my back. "Now, you're the Alpha of the Moon Howlers Pack. That's amazing, Cole. You have to work hard and be as good as your father," He said proudly while looking to my father. I smiled and shifted my gaze to that familiar girl. She's still pretty since the last time I saw her face. Her eyes looked up to me and my heart was beating so fast. I was so mesmerized by the twinkling blue eyes that stared intently at me.

I miss her, but she left me...

She got up from her chair and walked towards me. She never leaves my eyes. Her long-blonde hair is perfectly curled at the bottom. Alpha Marcus laid a hand across her shoulder and guided her closer to me.

Do something! Don't just stand there looking like an idiot! My wolf growled.

"Uh-hey?" I said, but it sounded more like a question.  I mentally face-palmed myself.

Idiot, my wolf snapped at me.

**
"Good friends are like snowflakes, all different, all beautiful"
                                -My Dear Valentine
                                                                    **