Father

Cole's POV
Picture of his car is above

"I will pay for your medication and everything until you're out of the hospital. You don't have to worry. My name is Cole. I'll be going though. I need to be somewhere else. My b-beta I mean friend will be here soon," I told her. Damn! I almost exposed our biggest secret.

Humans and werewolves don't get along. Humans think that we're monsters and beasts. Wolves are naturally ferocious and violent. Although wolves are part of our genes, we are still half human.

I walked towards the back door and left her there. I mind linked Mason to come to this hospital and take care of her while I'm gone. I warned him to not let her leave.

It only took 10 minutes drive from the hospital to my father's company. My father owns a huge weapon company and soon will be mine. I already have the title as the alpha of the Moon Howlers Pack. My territory is huge. I have so many allies and I've just expanded the pack house. But the weapon company still belongs to my father.

As I got inside, people stood up to greet me and bowing their heads as a sign of respect.

Good. They should know that I'm the alpha here.

I went to my father's office, which is on the 4th floor. I knocked on the door, but no one answers. So I just got inside my father's office and sat down on a chair in front of his desk, waiting. Not long after that, my father barged into the room and slammed his fist to the table.

"Where were you, son? You are late! And now you're brave enough to reject my call and turned off your damn phone?!" He shouted. His eyes are fuming with anger.

"Didn't you want this company? You've done nothing since your mother died! I gave you my title and everything, so that you can learn how to be a good alpha and be responsible for everything. You're the alpha of the Moon Howlers, the strongest of all packs. I'm expecting great stuffs from you," He continued. His eyes never left me.

I just looked at him and said "I-I was at the hospital. I accidentally hit someone when I was on the way here," I can't tell him that I have found my mate and she's a human. It's so rare werewolves that have an alpha blood running in their veins have a human mate.

"Is he dead?" My father's eyes start to turn black. He's mad at me.

"No, father. She is not dead. I got her to the hospital at the right time."

"Oh, so she's a female. Anyway, Cole, I don't want you to get any trouble with those human polices again. You'd better be responsible for what you've done and clean all the mess on your own," He calms down a bit. His eye color is turning back to normal.

I know what he meant by that. I almost got arrested because I killed a human guy in a cafe before.

"Yes, father." I was about to leave the room when I stopped. I remember that there's something he wants to talk about.

I turned to face him again. "Father, why did you call me and asked me to come here?"

"Oh yes, Cole. Sorry I forgot," he sighed. "Tonight, Alpha Marcus and his wife, along with Alice will have dinner at our place. They will stay for a couple of days with us. You know he's a good friend of mine and I want you to behave the best as you can."

My heart skipped a bit when I heard her name.

"Alice? She's back? I thought they were leaving forever and not coming back."

I'm so happy Alice is back! She's my friend since childhood and I love her so much. She's so pretty, funny and we do almost everything together. I miss her. I was so heartbroken when she left me alone. Alice, her family and the rest of the pack needs to move to another country. She just left and vanished. I was only 14 years old.

I close my eyes, sadness winding its way around my heart. She stole my world. Nothing remains anymore, but a hole in my heart that keeps hurting and hurting.

"Yes, Cole. Now, there's something very important thing that I need to tell you," He's getting serious.

"What is it, father?"

"Have you found your mate?"

I was quite taken aback when he asked that. What should I tell him? Do I need to tell him the truth?

Yes, yes. We have found our mate! And because of you she's in the hospital! my wolf growled.

I can't lose my alpha title only because of that human! Don't you want this too? I said to my wolf. He went quiet.

"Cole?" My father questioned me again. He's a bit irritated.

"Um.. no father. I-I haven't found my mate," I lied.

"Well, you were supposed to find her last year on your birthday. You're an alpha now. And you need a strong luna. Not only strong. But she has to be smart and intelligent to help you take care of the pack."

"Yes, father. I understand."

"Marcus and I was thinking that maybe you and--"

Ring!
Ring!
Ring!

My father got interrupted by my phone call. He ran a hand back through his hair and sighed. I quickly grab my phone from my pocket and Mason's name is on the screen.

There's must be something wrong with our mate, my wolf said to me.

Stop calling her our mate! I growled.

I looked up to my father and he got this go-on-pick-up-the-phone kind of face. I left my father's office and answered the phone.

"Alpha! Alpha! You'd better get here now. She's trying to escape!"

I went inside my father's office, grabbed my jacket and said "I have to go now. We will talk later. I need to go to the hospital."

"Okay. You may go, Cole. You'd better clean up the mess before tonight."

I nodded. I left my father's company and quickly got into my car that is parked in front of the company.

**
The best relationships are the ones you never saw coming
                                      -thegoodvibe.co
                                                                    **