17

Bowling with Madison was fun. It got my mind off what happened the night before. I hadn't talked to Blaine about it. I just couldn't get it out of my mind. Last night we drove home separate and I went to bed without talking to him at all. Now here we are finishing up our second round of bowling.

"I can't believe how bad you are at this!" Madison taunted me.

I chuckled. "Yeah I suck!"

"Don't say that too loud or guys will form a line." Blaine smirked from beside me.

My laugh cut short and I threw a glare his way. Madison laughed even harder and fist bumped Blaine. Some best friend, right?

"So you guys good? Things were kinda tense when I left yesterday." Madison asked me when Blaine went to get us food.

I chipped at the paint on the table and shrugged. "We're fine."

"Is something wrong?" She asked. "What did he do when he went out with his friends?"

"Nothing," I sighed. "I guess I just don't like his friends."

"Are they dicks?" She asked.

I laughed. "The biggest."

"Okay so I got Madison a plain because I didn't know what you like on burgers." Blaine said returning. "And I got mine and yours with just ketchup."

I smiled. "Thanks Blaine."

"I like mayo for future reference." Madi laughed.

"Well, what do we have here?" I heard his voice and my blood ran cold.

Why does he have to live here? Why can't he move far far away? Like Siberia or something? Actually, no I don't think the moon would be far enough away from me.  Zac tapped his foot on the ground behind my chair earning a glare from Blaine.

"What? Aren't you going to say hi?" Zac asked leaning his face down by mine.

I scooted away. "Please just go away."

"That's no way to treat a friend." He clicked his tongue.

"You're no friend of hers." Madison snapped surprising both me and her.

Zac's eyes settled on her and he smirked. "Oh, Madison how's that dad of yours? Still out whoring around every night?"

"You leave him out of this!" She slammed her fist on the table and I placed my hand over hers.

"Stop Madi. It's not worth it." I said pleading with her. "This is my fight."

"I wasn't aware this was a fight. I mean at least I never laid a hand on you like your mom did." Zac smiled an evil smile my way. "Word travels fast in this town. Guess you shacked up with some criminal now right?"

Blaine started to speak but I talked over him. "Zac why don't you go piss someone else off before you get hurt."

"Hurt?" He laughed. "What are you gonna do to me? Drown me in your tears? Last I remember the only thing you were good at was crying those pretty eyes out."

Blaine had heard enough. "She'll do nothing but I'll be glade to lay you out right here and let everyone see what happens to someone who talks to my girl like that."

My heart skipped a beat.

"What?" Zac and I both asked at the same time.

"You fucking heard me dick." Blaine squared up.

Zac looked from me to Blaine then back down. "Brooke I'll see ya around sometime when big bad boyfriend isn't around."

"Like hell you will. If you lay a finger on her I'll kill you." Blaine snapped.

Zac smirked. "Oh, I've laid more than a finger on her already."

That's all it took. Blaine drew back fast and punched Zac in the face. Zac stumbled back then it was on. Next thing I knew a table was smashed and Zac tackled Blaine into the floor. They were scuffling in the floor. Finally someone who worked there came to break it up.

"Enough! This isn't a boxing ring. If you wanna fight get out!" The big guy yelled lifting Zac and shoving him back. Then he pointed at Blaine. "You too, out!"

Blaine grabbed my hand and Madison's as well as he led us to the door. You'd think it ended right there, but that's not how things in my life work. Once we were outside Zac came charging over and hit the back of Blaine's head.

"I wasn't done with you!" He shouted.

Blaine didn't speak to Zac. He just turned and hit him again. Once in the face twice in the rib area. Then he did the roundhouse kick thing and Zac hit the pavement. There was blood leaking from his nose and his lip. He was breathing though so that's good I guess.

"We should go." Blaine spit some blood out of his mouth.

"You're bleeding." I sighed.

He just shrugged. "Sorry?"

"That was fucking AWESOME!" Madison squealed. "I've never seen anyone not afraid of Zac. You just kicked his ass! I think I love your boyfriend Brooke."

I laughed then glanced at Blaine. " I don't know when he got promoted to boyfriend."

Blaine smiled sheepishly.

"He just kicked someone's ass for you!" Madison waved her arms. "Hello, crazy."

"I was just caught up it the moment." Blaine said. "Seriously though we need to leave before anyone calls the cops."

I got it then. If he got caught this would break his parole! We needed to ditch out right now. If he got sent back to prison because of me I'll never forgive myself. I mean not that whatever happened last night wouldn't be enough to put him back in the pin, but at least that wasn't actually my fault.

"Blaine's right." I said to Madison. "I had fun but we should go."

She nodded. "I'll see you guys at school Tuesday since we have Monday off."

"See ya then." Blaine smiled.

We got in his car and he drove like a mad man to the apartment. Once we were home he cleaned himself up and came to sit beside me on the couch where I was holding Felony in my lap.

"We should talk about something." Blaine said.

"What?" I sighed. I didn't want to talk about what had just happened. Or what happened last night actually. I just wanted to stay here with my puppy and not think about it.

"I want to teach you to take care of yourself in case something happens to me." He said.

Well that wasn't what I was expecting at all. "Do you plan on something happening to you?"

"No, but if it would I want to believe that you can defend yourself."

I looked at him and sighed seeing the conviction in his eyes. He cared about me so much and I had given him so little. "Fine, but we have to start tomorrow because today has been enough excitement for me."

"Perfect." He smiled happy with my answer. "We'll start tomorrow."