: 07 :

Light was left to wonder, many a times, how did Darkness know all the things she knew? 

Chapter 7

SHE GESTURED to a smaller, less modernised version of a hover car, "That's our ride for today."

Hermes adjusted his messenger bag on his shoulder as he casually inspected the car and then decided not to vocalise his general disrespect and disgust for anything made in Eta.

It wasn't really all his fault.

Living in a world where everything happened in the blink of an eye, doing things physically is a matter of madness. The version of the car Asta possessed was out of fashion centuries ago.

But giving her a polite nod of acknowledgement, he went over to her side and looked for a lever to open the doors.

He searched all over the door for a lever but to no avail. The black vehicle was simply devoid of anything that microscopically resembled something that would allow entry.

It was at moments like these when he had to impress a lady with his chivalry that Hermes cursed his lack of Godly powers.

With them,he could have opened the door without any lever simply by touching the door and simultaneously charmed the female beside him.

"Here," said Asta, humour evident in her voice as she brushed past his hand to touch a seemingly similar part of the vehicle, nearer to the windows. But obviously that part was not as similar as it seemed as it made some strange noise at her touch and slowly parted to reveal the interior of the car.

Hermes gave an embarrassed smile in her direction and went to his own side and opened it in the similar fashion. Shaking his head at his stupidity, he entered the cold cold vehicle and settled his precious messenger bag on his lap.

The car fell silent as Asta fell into the process of starting up the car and heating it up, all manually.

"Do you have do all of this manually?" Hermes asked with a confused frown. He may not be the biggest fan of items on Eta, but he knew his vehicles well (after all, he was also the God of travel).

The car Asta had was the revised model of the Ferrari FCG 62, which was popular during World War VI when there was a steady decline of fuel resources. While Ferrari FCG 62 was known for its durability and its low use of energy resources, the revised version - Ferrari FCC 21- was great for stealth and efficiency to stay in the air for longer periods of time.

One of the similarities between the models that made them so popular from early periods was that fact that everything could be done with vocally. The voice recognition capacity wasn't really great compared to the later models but it was one of the first to ever come out in the industries in a cheaper rate than most and that created a great hype.

"No," Asta said agreeably, "But what is the harm?"

And Asta was back to being her enigmatic self which he, to no avail could make the head or tail of. She would smile without actually smiling and talk like she was talking to somebody else. There were so many of her actions that contradicted sharply with his knowledge of human beings.

In his experience, the humans he had dealt with were simple to understand. They all had the same base set of values. Once you knew what they were, it was easy to unlock their mind, their innermost thoughts, their beliefs.