: Author's Note :

The Author sits with stunned silence in the coffee shop, staring at the worn out laptop with a look of utter shock and disbelief. Fingers that were feverishly slamming over and over on the key board now lay palms down on the table and were shivering a little bit too violently.

"Excuse me?"

The Author looked up to see a man in black and blue clothes, like the interior of the shop.

"James," whispered the Author.

The man who stood in front of the Author frowned a little, making his olive skinned, angular face a lot less prettier in the Author's opinion. "I'm sorry, but my name is not-"

"Michael, I did it." The Author's voice sounded shaky.

"I'm sorry, I do not know what you did but my name-"

"I did, George. I think I really, truly did it."

"My name is not George-"

"Oh Arthur, I can't believe it. I've finally reached-"

"My name is-"

"The intermission. Oh, Steven! This is brilliant."

Congratulations Reader!

You are now officially right at the middle of the chapter. Your journey to the center of the book is complete, but please don't leave (honestly, I think I wasn't that bad. Come on now, be a sport and don't leave unless you want to suffer eternal damnation. Joking. ).

I can't believe we are here and blah blah blah but-oooh!- actually I can because I wrote all of this.

I think ended the last chapter in an almost cliffhanger but then again my sense of cliffhangers are seriously messed. My sense of everything is but this note isn't about me it is about the book and talk (a little) about this book I shall.

Sentimental things first: Readers, Voters, Commenters- Thankyou, you are awesome, you make me feel awesome and you make this story feel awesome. You are just wonderful, wonderful people who I will forever boast about because (do I really need to repeat?) you guys are simply that awesome.

Other things: I enjoy writing and love it with all my heart but I'm still learning. So that means (repeat after me children), I will dance like a nut case that I am on that line that borders good writing and absolutely disgustingly disastrous writing.

This book is not going to give you all the facts at the same time, I seriously hate it when people do that.

And yes, Hermes and Asta are confusing because both of them are young and inexperienced. Hermes is not perfect, Asta is not perfect. They will feel jealous, they will act stupidly, they will look absolutely disgusting if they fall face first in mud, they will make cringe worthy decisions and they will be absolutely frustrating- just like any of us. Hell, they will scream when they get scared and they will laugh when they are happy and- omg- cry actual tears when they are sacred or in pain or terrified because in the end they are versions of you and me that I want to create.

Hermes and Asta are nothing special just because they are in the lead. But hey, I love them all the same and I hope you do too.

I think that's it for me.

Tears pool at the corner of the Author's eyes. "Peter, we have reached the intermission. Hermes and Asta are not dead. I am not dead. A meteor didn't strike me dead. This is the moment when the impossibility became a possibility. Hail procrastination!"

The man opposite the Author looks a little scared now, but tries to win the battle he will never win anyway.

"My name is Alex-"

"Short for Alexander?" The Author cuts in with a bored tone.

The man seriously looking angry said, "No-"

"That's a pity, Alexander is a nice name." The Author looks up with a smaller smile. "Why are you here Alexander? To congratulate me in reaching my intermission? Why thankyou, I'm amazing, you didn't need to tell me that. By the way did you know that the last time I wrote-"

The man looked almost in tears. "My name is just Alex and I'll be your waiter for today, what would you like to order from the finest coffe ship in the city."

The Author put her things messily in her book bag and stood up. "Well, it was nice meeting you Just Alex. I hope you didn't mind my earlier confusion with your name, but seriously I think Alexander is better than Just Alex but it's my opinion of course. But now I've got to go."

"B-But your order?"

"I'm best friends with this shop's owner Just Alex, if you are doubting me, ask her if she knows anyone who goes by the name Author. Nice to meet you! I still think Alexander suits you best!"