Chapter Nine: I Need You

* Millie's POV *

I can't believe that The Doctor told me that I was the one he would meet. I am important. Now he can't leave me. He needed me, just as much as I needed him. I just loved him. And I don't easily love not after last time...

Flashback..

I was coming home from secondary school. It was my final year then I would go to sixth form. I kept to myself had a couple friends. No boyfriend though. Who would go out with me? It was brutal, I was like poison to the guys. I don't know why. But it all changed one day, well I thought it did.

I was taking the usual route home and I saw a boy called Matthew. He was two years older than me, but I knew him from karate. We were both purple belts. I have to admit I did have a tiny crush on him, but I didn't say anything. He'd probably turn me down.

But he bumped into me. And he looked embarrassed. How did I know? He was like a vampire. He was pale and had blonde hair in a quiff. He went red and I didn't know why all I knew was that he was embarrassed.

He started to stammer... I said sorry beacuse I am a polite person. And he was just apologising going on and on. Then he looked at me and and smiled. Then he started laughing.

Somehow we started going out. Everything was going well. I was still cautious though. He was the perfect boyfriend... Well almost perfect, he had his faults but that's normal, if he didn't that would have been weird.

So we went out for 5 years, he always remembered our anniversary and birthday. He always knew what to get me, it was unbelievable.

But at the end of our 5 year, 5 year relationship he said he got bored. He only had 'one more year left' I didn't know what he was talking about. Then he let it all come out...

It was all a dare. Organised by Veroniqué.. We've hated each other since primary school. She beat me up in year one because my macaroni art was better than hers. She wanted to get the ultimate revenge on me and she succeeded. Matt apologised, I mean why wouldn't he do that? Veroniqué was stinking rich, she had it all.

I have never been so embarrassed in my entire life, I actually thought that somebody liked me. Who would like me? No one, that's who. Everyone found out and that was the end of my social life.. Until I randomly started to look better. But I never trusted anyone ever again. Which is why I party all night so I can forget...

End of Flashback.

I stll don't know where The Doctor is. I don't what he was talking about, but his face said it all. I was important. I was important. Now that he has told me about what I do... I have started to experience new things. See things that other people wouldn't see. My senses were better, I could read people like a book. If only I had this back then.

I heard some footsteps, they weren't heavy but this person had a spring in their step. Then I heard a faint buzzing. It was The Doctor. I could hear his every move he was around the corner.

I went to him so I could find out what he has found. I was hoping he could help me, he could explain what is happening. I ran towards The Doctor and hugged him. He disappeared into the air. I thought I saw him. Then multiple Doctors appear. They were calling me.

Rage began to build up in me. I just had to let it out.

'There are many of you.. But only one is real... If you are a copy dissipate! Leave before I take my anger out on you! Doctor! If you can hear me and something is binding you so you cannot speak or move I release you!'

The copies disappeared and The Doctor stepped forward. He hugged me and I hugged him back.

'Thanks for saving me. I don't know what I'd have done.'

'Where's your sonic screwdriver?'

'It's with me it just stopped working.'

'Give it.'

The Doctor was very reluctant to give me his sonic screwdriver. He gave it to me carefully and watched me like a hawk. I muttered a few words that popped up in my mind. They weren't English or any other languages that I've come across. After a few minutes the sonic screwdriver started to work. I did my bit.

'I really do need you Millie. I mean I don't want you to go. I do care it's just... You will get old and I won't.'

'Well I don't care.'

But I could tell that he wasn't telling me something. But I'll find out later because he needs me now. I wonder how long he has known that I have these abilities...

A/n:

Aaaaaahhh! So the next chapter will be the last as I want to focus on a book that I am writing. When I have completed the whole book I'll publish it bit by bit. There's only 10 chapters but I am writing 4 books so it will be good. I want it to be interesting and have content which is why I am ending the books I have published. But stick with me! It will be good!