Preferences (Your First Date)

Dean:
You sit at the table with your hair in a messy bun, tapping a pencil on the table. Dean sits across from you. He looks off into the distance.

"Hey Dean, you alright? You seem a bit unfocused," you chuckle as he snaps out of his thoughts.

"No, yeah, I'm fine."

You push the book away from you and look at Dean.

"Are you really?"

"Yeah, I actually had a question."

"Shoot."

"Would you... Go on a date? With me?"

"Is that what you've been thinking about for the past four hours instead of researching? Geez," you laugh.

"So that's a..."

"It's a yes, Dean."

His eyes light up a little, causing another smile to cross your face.

"I'll just change."

You shut the book in front of you and walk past Sam and up the stairs. Sam shakes his head with a light laugh.

"What are you laughing at?" Dean asks roughly.

"Nothing, nothing," Sam laughs again. Bobby shakes his head from the kitchen where he is drying a coffee mug.

"Idjits."

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

You spin around with a smile. You haven't worn anything this nice in months. You're surprised it still fits. Then again, as a hunter, you run and exercise a lot, so you basically have stayed the same weight for a year or so.

Your dress flows down to just above your knees. It's nothing fancy, kind of casual, but not too casual. You were never one for heels, so instead you wear your converse, staying true to your style. Your hair falls down to your shoulder in elegant curls, and the makeup you have applied is perfect. Not too little, not too much.

You jump a little when you see a figure behind you in the mirror, grabbing your gun. 

"Calm down kid, it's only me," Bobby says, holding up his hands.

You set the gun back down on the dresser, which is littered with candy wrappers, notes, and some important knickknacks. Like one of Bobby's hats he had given you, a locket the boys had bought you for your birthday last year, which had a picture of you, the boys, Cas, and Bobby, smiling and laughing and Cas looking straight into the camera curiously, a card from Cas, and even a charm bracelet from Gabriel with a large golden angel wings charm.

Around the mirror were tons of pictures. You had originally aspired to be a photographer as a young child, and you still loved taking pictures. Your favorite things to take pictures of were the people you loved. One picture is of Cas looking at a bee in a flower field and one next to it is Cas looking at the camera, bewildered and startled. You even have a few with Cas smiling brightly, a rare occurrence in your life.

You have some of Sam as well. You loved to surprise him by taking pictures when he wasn't paying attention. You had one of him looking up with a startled and very moose-like expression. Another one was of Sam chowing down on a salad and Dean sitting next to him with food in his cheeks, reminding you of a squirrel.

Speaking of Dean, a lot of your pictures were of Dean. You stealing some of his pie, him presenting Baby to you for the first time, him looking at the camera grumpily, him laying in bed with his shirt off, pointing a gun at the camera.