Gabriel (Preferences)

How You Met:

Your face flushes as you run through the crowded hall, trying to make it to you're next class. Kids are milling about everywhere despite the fact that this college isn't all that big. You have papers, binders, and books stacked so high you can barely see in front of you.

The most important one on top though is your hunting notebook. It has everything you need to know about everything you've encountered. Beneath it is your parents old journal.

You suspect that there is something at your very own college. Just the other day, a professor was found dead by the janitor. Poor guy. You feel awful that normal people have to see such horrible things.

You glance at a clock on the wall and realize you have about five minutes to make it all the way to your classroom. You try to pick up the pace but run into someone and your things fly everywhere. No other students stop to help, all of them too worried about what class they are going to. You could almost cry out of frustration.

"I'm really sorry, this was all my fault, I should've paid attention. I apologize," you say and bend down to pick up everything.

"It's fine. Here, let me help you with that."

The person bends down to help pick up the rest of your things.

"Thank you so much for being understanding. It's just I only have a few minutes to get to class, I really should hurry."

You stand back up with a majority of your things in your hand.

"Yeah, no problem."

You look at the person who helped you and find that it's the janitor.

"Oh!"

"What?"

"I figured you wouldn't be working. Since you... Saw the professor. Ya know..."

"Gotta make money somehow, right?"

"Your job can wait. You should take a day or two off," you smile at him. "While we are on the topic of it, would you mind if I asked a question or two?"

"Sure. Just be quick. Your class will start soon."

You ask him a few questions, if he saw anything odd. He shakes his head to all of your questions.

"Alright. Well, thanks for answering my questions!" You smile gratefully.

"Anytime."

He looks down at the items in his hands, which happens to be both your parents journal and your hunting journal... And it's open!

"Tricksters, huh?"

"Oh, I'm, umm..." You bite your lip. "Really into mythology and stuff, y'know? But I know it's not real, that would be crazy," you laugh nervously.

"Yeah, sure would."

"Well, I gotta go. Class starts in a few. Thanks for answering my questions again!"

You take the rest of your things back and run to get to your next class. He watches you run down the hall and around the corner.

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

You stand outside the school and tap your foot. Should I go in? The janitor will be here and now he knows my face. And what if he's the trickster? You look at the only other two cars on the street. One of them is a 1967 Chevy Impala.

After staring for a moment, you decide to go in. You carry a stake with you just in case and enter. You hear the sound of fighting and run where the sound is.