Vanilla Twilight - Destiel

Vanilla Twilight by Owl City

The stars lean down to kiss you
And I lie awake and miss you
Pour me a heavy dose of atmosphere

Dean sighs, a heavy weight pressing down on his chest. He and Cas had had a fight a week ago, resulting in Cas' leaving. He doesn't know where he is or what to do. All he knows is he misses him. Cas won't answer his prayers. He doesn't know how to see him again.

Cause I'll doze off safe and soundly
But I'll miss your arms around me
I'd send a postcard to you dear
Cause I wish you were here

He downs another beer, and then quietly leaves the motel room. He drives through town until he reaches a quiet place with no people or buildings. The sky is clear and without so many other people around, Dean finds it a bit easier to breathe. Dawn will arrive any moment now. He can tell by the way the sky is tinted with a lighter shade of blue.

I'll watch the night turn light blue
But it's not the same without you
Cause it takes two to whisper quietly

At first Dean was welcoming the silence, but now he feels as if it is suffocating him. He looks down at his hands and tears sting his eyes.

The silence isn't so bad
Till I look at my hands and feel sad
Cause the spaces between my fingers
Are right where yours fit perfectly

Bags under his eyes reveal that he hasn't been sleeping well, due to nightmares and just the feeling of loneliness and guilt that settles on his chest every night.

I'll find repose in new ways
Though I haven't slept in two days
Cause cold nostalgia chills me to the bone

The wind nips at Dean's nose as he sniffs, trying to keep his emotions in check.

But drenched in vanilla twilight
I'll sit on the front porch all night
Waist deep in thought because when I think of you
I don't feel so alone

"Dean?"

Dean turns around and breathes in sharply at the sight of his angel.

"Cas."

He gets up and pulls Cas into a hug. Cas immediately hugs back, just as tightly.

"Cas, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said any of that. I was wrong-"

"Dean."

He pulls back and looks at him. Their eyes meet briefly and then they are pulling each other closer and kissing each other passionately.

I don't feel so alone ~