My Thoughts on "Peridot Can't Fuse"

I see lots of people assuming Peridot can't fuse after "Too Short To Ride." So just because Peri can't shapeshift she can't fuse? Her body is still made out of light. She's still a gem. Her body is still just a projection. She's no different other than the lack of natural powers/abilities that a normal gem would have. I don't see how she wouldn't be able to fuse. It makes no sense that she wouldn't be able to.

Though there were few, I also saw some some people saying that she already said herself that she couldn't fuse in Log Date 7 15 2

Though there were few, I also saw some some people saying that she already said herself that she couldn't fuse in Log Date 7 15 2. When Garnet tried to fuse with her, she stopped and said, "I can't do it," Which is also what she said when Amethyst asked what was wrong with shapeshifting. This does not at all mean she was incapable of fusing. She wasn't ready, and didn't know what to do. She was just scared. So this doesn't mean anything except that she wasn't ready to fuse. Like I said, she is still a being of pure light and can still merge her physical form with others. So she should still be able to fuse. And if she can't, I'm going to speculate on that as well.

I don't know, what do you guys think about this whole fusing thing?