unfinished fics for the win amirite

i've been wanting to finish this one for a while but since i lost motivation and have run out of ideas this one is just... dead. like me. so allow me to share with you one of the three unfinished hellspawns of mikayuu that i somehow thought would be a good idea to write.
enjoy you sins

ヾ(゚∀゚ゞ)
On a rather uneventful rainy weekend, Mikaela stood silently on a street corner. He span his see-through umbrella a few times out of boredom, flicking water droplets all over the already soaking sidewalk. He sighed; he’s always loved the rain, whether it was simple light showers or pouring storms accompanied by loud thunder and bright lightning, the sound of rain hitting the concrete or tapping at his window always calmed him. He liked to stand outside in the rain some days, relishing in the relaxing feeling it brought upon. And today was one of those days.

As he stood, immersed in his own thoughts, the sound of rushing footsteps from the sidewalk across him caught his attention. He turned his attention to an absolutely soaked boy with raven hair, who was now running towards him in quite a hurry. Mikaela tilted his head, thinking aloud, “Did he not bring an umbrella?” He felt bad, and the boy was only getting closer. There was only one thing he could do, and he had to act fast.

As the boy moved to run past him, Mikaela grabbed his shoulder and brought him to sudden halt. He stumbled, only staying upright because of Mikaela’s grip.

He turned his head, “H-Hey--!”

“You don't have an umbrella.” Mikaela interrupted.

“Huh? Well, uh… yeah…”

Mikaela pulled the boy towards him, pulling him under the umbrella. He let out a yelp, green eyes widening as he let out a few jumbled words of protest. “You're soaked. Where are you off to?”

“I… I was just on my way home. It’s really close to here, I can go on my own--”

“Nope.” Mikaela shook his head. “I’m going with you, you look miserable running home soaking wet like that. What's your name?”

“...It’s Yuichiro, but what do you care? And why are you helping me, anyway?”

“Well, Yuichiro,” Mikaela began, as he wrapped an arm around Yuichiro’s torso and forced him to walk forward, “It was simply a matter of coincidence. I was here, you ran toward me, I felt bad.”

Yuichiro quietly scoffed, a slight childish pout on his lips. “Yeah, well, I don't need your sympathy.”

Mikaela gave a playful smirk, “A little feisty, are we?”

Yuichiro only responded with an annoyed hum. The walk went on for maybe five minutes at most, awkward silence filled by rainwater, which had actually become heavier than before. They soon came up to a dull apartment building, and Yuichiro sighed. “This is it.”

Mikaela nodded. Yuichiro stepped out from underneath the umbrella, immediately being pelted by the pouring rain. “Thanks, uh...”

“Mikaela. And you're welcome.”

“Yeah.” He turned to run off into the building, and Mikaela couldn't help the ghost of a smile that played on his lips. That was a nice little experience.

...

They would end up seeing each other much more often than they had intended, whether it be awkwardly crossing eyes in the supermarket or running into each other walking to and from their homes, which also happened to be rather close to each other, the two just couldn't seem to catch a break. They refused to pay it any mind, however, and simply went on as if that hadn't been the fifth time they had brushed arms in the fruit aisle. It wasn't until what felt like their millionth meeting at the supermarket that one of them has brought it up.

“I guess fate is just dying to bring us together again, huh, Yuu-chan?” Mikaela leaned over and inquired once they had inevitably crossed paths.

Yuu-chan? Since when were we that friendly!” Yuichiro inquired rather defensively, slightly flushing at the nickname.

“Well, Yuichiro’s a but of a mouthful, don't you think?” Mikaela tilted his head, in a way that seemed taunting to Yuichiro though it held no malice. “So I figured I’d shorten it. I hope you don't mind.”

Yuichiro lowered his head with a glower, “Actually, I--”

“Anyway!”
ヾ(゚∀゚ゞ)

yeah that's all i have. i dunno where i was gonna go with this fic, but whatever i was aiming for it doesn't matter now cause this thing is dead forever ✌ it's really shitty anyway so good riddance
then again, when is my writing not shitty??
who tf knows lmao i have no talent
anyway yeah
mikayuu is canceled
life is canceled
goodbye