UH-OH

hold on hold on
HOLD ON HOLD ON
im sorry for bringing up Seraph of the End (no im not) but

Mika became a full vampire when he drank Yuu's bloodwe know because his beaUTIFUL BRIGHT BLUE EYES TURNED A DULL SHADE OF RED AND I'M SO SAD--but yeson the wikipedia page for vampires in ONS, it says:"After a human ingests vampire blood, they lose...

we know because his beaUTIFUL BRIGHT BLUE EYES TURNED A DULL SHADE OF RED AND I'M SO SAD--
but yes
on the wikipedia page for vampires in ONS, it says:
"After a human ingests vampire blood, they lose their emotions until only the greatest components of their personalities remain in addition to their everlasting thirst for blood; they also have no sexual desire or any other desires, aside from the craving to drink blood. Due to their loss of emotions and desires, many vampires try to make themselves interested in something in order to stave off their eternal boredom, but vampires concerned with anything other than blood are considered to be eccentric."

this entire paragraph is basically saying vampires don't feel emotions.

so that creates a bit of problem.

we're all aware of the fact that Mika is quite obviously in love with Yuu, it's plain to see

so, this show of unconditional love could only imply two things:
either 1. he really isn't in love, he can't be in love, and therefore he's trying to make himself interested in something as it says vampires do to stave off boredom; however in Mikaela's case he isn't trying to counteract boredom at all. he hates being a vampire, and he loves Yuu. because being a vampire makes it literally impossible to feel emotions toward anyone or anything, much less a human, he desperately tries to convince himself that he still loves Yuu the same way he did before he became a vampire. but he can't, and that's the sad reality, and Mikayuu can't work out as perfect as we hope it will. yes, they can get together, they can become boyf riends, but Mika can never actually love Yuu, and that's what relationships are. actual fruking l o v e. (to solve this issue: stick to your human AU fics, kids)
OR 2, (the much more lighthearted option,)
HE LOVES YUU SO MUCH THAT HE CAN OVERCOME THE LIMITATIONS OF BEING A VAMPIRE, and he still does love Yuu, and he always will, because he can't live without him! HE LITERALLY CANNOT. BELIEVE ME THE MANGA MAKES THAT ABUNDANTLY CLEAR.

i like to think that it's the second option. Mikayuu will prevail ok

but, now that that's over, have a meme to ruin your life.