Chapter 0: Prologue

(DBZ Universe)

It was dark, he could hear the faint sonic booms and explosions around him. His body felt numb and he felt like he was in a deep sleep. The faint noises went on for some time, until he heard someone shouting a phrase, at least that was what he could make out from the faint noise. What he heard next was the faint sound of a blast followed by a fading scream a second later. When the scream could not be heard, the blasting noise died down slowly till nothing was heard. There was silence.

Moments into the silence, Gohan was regaining consciousness. The numbness he felt was slowly fading away and he could now move his fingers. He tried to open his eyes and they opened slowly, but with his vision still blurred. He looked at what was above him and he saw a figure levitating high up in the sky. "Dad? You did it, you defeated Majin Buu!" whispered Gohan to himself as he sat himself up. His thoughts were stopped when he heard grunts and moans beside him. He looked to he side and saw that his friends were all alive. "Guys! You are all okay!" Exclaimed the delighted Gohan.

Looking at his pair of hands, this could only mean that he was alive. "Heh, it looks like they did it." Said Picollo in his usual low toned voice while smiling.

"Yay, Daddy defeated Buu!" Cheered both Trunks and Goten.

The unknown figure turned and started levitating towards the Z fighters.

Gohan was getting excited, "Here he comes-"

For a moment, all excitement was drained from Gohan as the figure got closer. It was a person but it was neither Goku nor Vegeta.

"That's not Dad... nor is it Vegeta." Gohan became confused and worried.

The unknown person landed in front of them with a soft thud. His hair stood upwards firmly with a widow peak and has two bangs sticking out like a downwards "V" shape. His wore a blue Gi with an orange shirt underneath, and white gloves and boots similar to the ones Vegeta wore when he first came to Earth. He also wore a pair of yellow earrings and was about Goku's height. The most noticeable thing about him was that he looks as if Goku and Vegeta had merged together. However, looks aside, his Ki was immeasurable, and the Z fighters have never met a person with this much Ki.

"What enormous Ki!" Picollo was stunned at the amount of Ki he was sensing from the unknown man before him.

With his mouth open in disbelief Gohan muttered, "Dad, is that y-"

The unknown man held out his hand cutting off Gohan with a serious look on his face. He paused for a few seconds before speaking in what sounded like a mixture of two people's voices, "The ones whom you know as Kakarot and Vegeta no longer exists."

For a moment, everyone could not believe their ears. Goku and Vegeta, they were dead along with Majin Buu? No, it can't be. Was it this new guy who killed both Goku and Vegeta? But there was not the slightest hint of evil in this guy's Ki. Thoughts of what happened to both Goku and Vegeta were what everyone was thinking.

"What do you mean they no longer exist? And who are you?" Picollo questioned in a demanding way.

The unknown man smirked, folding his arms before declaring, "I am the result of the fusion between Kakarot and Vegeta,"

He then pointed to his earring before continuing,"A being born through the use of these Potara earrings. Call me Vegito."