Chapter 10: Vegito VS Mongul

Mongul felt a sense of satisfaction as his dark matter warriors took care of the pests, with one of them being a Green Lantern. Vegito saw that his opponent had let his guard down and shot forward, initiating a well timed attack. His gloved fist connected with the side of the tyrant's jaw, and the Saiyan followed up with a kick, flinging his victim to the side.

Mongul got up, feeling a little agitated being caught off guard. "So, you are that eager to die?" Having said that, Mongul got into a fighting stance. Vegito thought that it was rather sloppy and full of openings.

"Hmph! Now that's more like it. Keep your eyes on me now." Vegito demanded. He charged a yellow orb of ki before tossing it towards Mongul, only for it to be intercepted by one of the dark matter warriors who got stunned by the blast.

"Tch!" Vegito clicked his tongue before sensing the other black alien, blocking a kick with his arm. Mongul took the opportunity to rush in for a combo attack, throwing a powerful punch that Vegito blocked as well with his other arm, causing a shock wave. The dark matter warrior who previously got hit by Vegito's ki blast recovered and quickly went on the attack as well.

"Ha!"

In an instant, Vegito pushed his hands to the side while launching a kiai, knocking back all three of his adversaries. Opening his palms wide, the Saiyan fired two beams of ki at the dark matter warriors, blasting them back. Mongul recovered from the knock-back, and attempted a right hook that Vegito dodged. The tyrant chained blow after blow while the fused warrior dodged and blocked. The fight between the two becoming intense.

Back with Superman and the others, with the railgun disabled, most of the aliens that were working in the building either fled or got knocked out after attempting to challenge the league members. The group met up with J'onn in the room where the railgun's control panel was. Superman tapped the communicator and spoke through it.

"Superman to Lantern, we have secured the railgun facility."

There was no reply.

"Lantern come in."

No reply still.

"Hawk Girl, this is Superman."

Superman was getting worried.

"What's wrong?" The Dark Knight asked.

The Man of Steel replied worriedly, "I can't seem to get in contact with Lantern and Hawk Girl. I'm gonna try Vegito."

"Vegito come in."

There was no response.

"Lantern and Hawk Girl are unconscious but still alive." J'onn spoke while his eyes glowed yellow. He continued, "Vegito's currently engaged in combat with three individuals. I'm guessing Mongul and his bodyguards."

Superman gritted his teeth, "Vegito's outnumbered, we have to help him. J'onn, think you could stay and guard this place?" J'onn nodded.

"Thanks J'onn." The Martian nodded. The team took off towards the battlefield.

"Graaah!"

"Haaa!"

Mongul threw a super-powered fist and Vegito doing the same. Two fists collided with such power that the ground beneath them crumbled. Vegito couldn't help but grin at the excitement he was getting from the fight. Mongul was strong, and Vegito guessed that he was still holding back as his power kept increasing little by little as they fought; the Saiyan has yet to utilize his full power in his current form. He received an incoming transmission from Superman through the communication device, but he wanted to enjoy the battle thus he ignored it.