|Chapter Four: Gone|

(Xander's POV)  

The next day it looks like everyone is against me. Maya ignores me and Emma avoids me. It seems like I made a big mistake.

"Come on guys! Get up!" I say to Jorge, Farkle, and Ravi. Lucas is already up and is walking out of the cabin.

"Where are you going?" I ask. He turns to me and gives me a small smile.

"You should really fix things with Maya and Emma," he says kindly. I roll my eyes.

"I didn't really do anything wrong!" I say.

"You basically said you don't know if you like Maya or Emma. You should have chosen someone," he says monotoned.

"I can't choose someone, I like both of them!" I say finally admitting the truth.

"Then just say you want to be friends," Lucas says. "At least until you've made your decision."

"I can't believe I'm caught up in a triangle!" I say annoyed.

"Lucky for me, it's just me and Riley," Lucas says. He then walks out of the cabin.

I head out of the cabin not worrying about the rest of my cabin mates since there aren't any activities today. I head to the mess hall to get some stale breakfast.

I notice Maya sitting at one of the tables and I quickly rush over to her. "Why?" She asks as I take a seat next to her.

"We're friends aren't we?" I question.

"Friends?" She asks. "I don't even know you!" She snaps. She stands up and I grab her hand.

"Just sit, please!" I say almost begging.

"I'm sorry but I'm not going to be nice anymore. That was the old me," she says shaking my hand off.

"Maya!" I shout as she walks off. I turn back to my table and sigh.

"Why does everyone hate me?" I ask myself.

"Maybe because you're playing with two girls hearts!" Zuri snaps as she walks by me. Lou takes a seat next to me and places a hand on my shoulder.

"Hey buddy! At least it's not as bad as the time you got poison ivy," Lou says trying to be a good friend.

"It's actually worse," I say softly. I watch as Emma walks in the mess hall. She takes one look at me and then she turns around and walks out of the mess hall.

I quickly stand and head out of the mess hall chasing after Emma. "Emma!" I shout from behind her. I have to run and block her so she can finally stop walking.

"Stop following me!" She says angrily.

"I just wanted to make clear that we're all friends. That Maya and me are just friends, that you and me are just friends," I say worried. I don't know how she's going to take it.

"Friends? That's it? You asked me to go to the spot yesterday for what?" She asks putting a hand on her hip.

"I...I just wanted to be your friend and I felt bad about what Hazel did," I respond.

"You felt bad?" She questions. "I thought you asked me there because you liked me not because you 'felt bad'!" Emma says angrily. She throws her fists in the air. "Just stay away from me!"

"Emma!" I say pleadingly. She turns around and stomps away.

I can't believe that neither of them will even bother to hear me.

I head to the lake to think. I just need to be alone and think about my next step. I don't know what it's going to be since Maya and Emma don't bother to listen to me.

I sit at the edge of the lake pier. I look out at the shimmering lake and smile. The sun shines brightly and warms me.

I just want this all to be over now. I don't like drama and I don't like what's going on with Maya and Emma.

"Leave!" I hear a voice demand from behind me. I turn around and look at the blue eyed girl I've wanted to talk to all day.

"Maya!" I say quickly standing up. I take a step towards her and Maya crosses her arms.

"Don't!" She demands. "The nice me isn't the one you're going to be seeing. Leave or else I will hurt you!" Maya says threatening me.

"Maya I don't want to fight," I say softly. I take another step and she raises her eyebrow.

"I said don't!" She shouts. Her voice makes me flinch. I'm so surprised and confused about why she's so angry.

"Why do you hate me so much?" I ask sadly. Her face turns soft but then it goes back to a blank expression.

"I don't hate you, I just don't like you," she says monotoned.

"Why don't you like me?" I question.

"I'll make this easy for you. You don't have to decide between me or Emma," Maya says and then stops for a second. "I know who you are meant to be with," Maya says looking at me with shining blue eyes. "I know that Emma is the right girl for you," Maya says softly. She doesn't show any expression and she gives me a small smile. "Just go to her."

"Maya--" I say before getting cut off.

"Xander just go. You and me would never have worked anyways," Maya says as she takes a step back. I run to her and put my hands on her shoulders. We stare at each other's eyes.

"Are you sure?" I question.

"I am," Maya says blankly. I pull her into an embrace.

"Maya just promise me that we'll always be friends. I know that I haven't known you long but I know that I want to get to know you better," I say honestly.

"I don't like you Xander," Maya says as I pull out of the embrace.

"I don't believe you, see you later!" I say as I start walking away from her. I don't wait for a response and instead I run to find Emma.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Authors Note:

Thanks to everyone who has been voting, reading, commenting, and adding my story to their reading lists!!!
This chapter is dedicated to:
-fogelmaniac
foreverinmymind12
reading210
angelcakies
MalAndMaya
AnnmarieMorfield0
Iamsomeone12
cupcakelover777
TheKittyPie
NeallieX
bella0503
hgtyrd
And to anyone else I may have forgotten. You all rock and I'm so happy you guys have been enjoying this story!!

Have an amazing day, bye!!