|Chapter Ten: Ignore|

(Riley's POV)

"I couldn't stop it," I whisper to myself. I can't believe it, everything is just so messed up.

It's all Maya's fault. She is as bad as she says she is. I always thought she was good, but she isn't. She wrecked everything.

The fight was last night and it was terrible, now it's early morning. Lucas was so angry, he couldn't be stopped. He realized what he had done after it was over. It was terrible, he left Xander covered in blood.

Lucas was terrified of himself and he ran, with blood stained fists. He's gone now, he left Camp Kikiwaka.

"Riles!" Maya says softly. I couldn't feel anything last night but now that I'm awake, I feel anger. It's nothing too bad but it's there.

"It's your fault," I say stoically. I turn to her, sitting on my stiff bed. She gives me a sad expression.

"It- but- I didn't mean to, I just said the truth!" Maya says trying to explain herself.

"Shut up!" I demand in a forceful tone. "You don't know anything!" I stand up and walk out of the cabin. I don't want to talk to her.

I go to the nurses room, to check up on Xander. He has a few bruises, cuts, and his right eye is swollen. He luckily didn't get a broken bone or anything.

I approach him but he's asleep. I stare down at his vulnerable figure. His hair is a mess and he's still covered in dirt. He didn't get to take a shower like me.

"Lucas didn't mean it," I say softly. I know that Lucas didn't mean it. Lucas is a nice guy, he would never hurt anyone... but he just did. I realize that everyone I thought I knew, I don't.

I hate it, I hate that I didn't know what Maya and Lucas were capable of. They both are... monsters.

I grab Xander's hand and squeeze it gently. I feel something run through me, a feeling of warmth.

"I'm so sorry!" I say tearfully. I place my knees on the ground and my head on his chest. I start crying hysterically. I let every emotion pour out of me. The feelings of anger towards Maya, the feelings of sadness towards Xander, and the feeling of disappointment for Lucas.

"Riley?" I hear Xander's voice ask. I quickly shoot up. I stare at his brown eyes.

"I'm sorry, I just-" I say before he cuts me off.

"It's fine," Xander says softly. I give him a small smile.

"I'm so sorry that all of this happened," I say sadly. It still feels so surreal, the entire situation.

"It's not your fault," he says warmly. I sigh and stand up.

"I have to get going but get better, okay!" I say kindly. He nods his head and I exit his room as I wipe my tears. I watch as Emma is walking towards me, she's probably going to go talk to him. I give her small smile as I pass by her.

I step out into the sunny morning. The heat is already cooking me alive. I walk over to the mess hall. I can't believe something so stupid started all this.

I quickly step inside and take a seat next to Hazel. "Hey Riley!" She says happily. I smile at her.

"Hey Hazel!" I respond happily back. I watch as Maya walks into the mess hall. I stiffen up instantly and hope she doesn't try and sit next to me. Maya of course decides to sit next to me and I just glare at her.

"Riles!" She says taking a seat next to me. She puts on the biggest, kindest smile I've ever seen.

"Maya," I say blankly. I stare ahead of me, right at the wall in front of me. I don't want to look at her.

"I just wanted to say that I didn't mean for any of this to happen, I was just trying to tell the truth!" Maya says trying to get me back on her side. It does the complete opposite.

"Tell the truth?" I ask her. I feel anger start to fill me. "All you did was tell Lucas I liked Xander! When I clearly don't!" I snap as I stand up. I'm so tired of Maya and her stupid mistakes. She ruined everything.

"Riles, you're just lying to yourself. I know you, you like him. I shouldn't have said anything to Lucas but you can't keep lying to yourself!" Maya shouts as I exit the mess hall.

I usually don't get angry and I usually try to keep calm but Maya has completely enraged me. I'm done with her stupid blonde hair, her tacky personality, and her petty problems. I've dealt with her long enough. I'm through with being Maya's friend. I'm through with me always doing the right thing.

I get back to my cabin but I know I need to change to a different cabin. I can't stand thinking about Maya much less being in the same room as her. I need to ask for a transfer and Hazel is the only person that can do that.

I'm guessing she's still with Maya in the mess hall so I'm not going to bother in going back there. My fist might accidentally end up hitting Maya right in her stupid ugly face.

I instead decide to go find Farkle. I need a friend, a real friend to talk to right now. I head to the Grizzly cabin and make my way inside.

"Farkle!" I shout barging in. Parker suddenly comes into sight. He's half naked, he's wearing blue jeans and wears no shirt. I look at his wet hair in shock. I then look down at his chiseled abs and scream. I instantly exit the cabin, still screaming.

"What is he even doing?" I question. I watch as Parker steps out of the cabin, he's fully dressed this time.

"Plumbing at the Chipmunk cabin needs repair. Farkle told me I could take a shower here," Parker says casually.

"Why did you have to change outside of the bathroom?"

"So girls like you can walk in and see what they're missing," Parker says through a smirk. I chuckle sarcastically.

"I don't have time for this," I say rolling my eyes. I turn around and watch Maya exit the mess hall. It's the perfect time to ask Hazel for that transfer. I jog over to the mess hall, excited to be transferred away from Maya.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Authors Note:

So I'm going to start off by asking a question. Who is your least favorite character and your favorite character? I honestly love them all equally. I'm not saying they don't make dumb choices but what do you think?

Thanks so much for reading, voting, commenting, and supporting this story. I hit seven hundred and fifty-five reads and I'm so grateful. Thank you all for being so kind, and continuing to read my story. Have a great day, bye!!!