|Chapter Sixteen: Riley's back?|

(Riley's POV)

I don't feel comfortable in my own skin anymore. I don't even know who I am anymore. I want Maya, Lucas and Farkle. I want my friends back, and I want my life back.

It's been a rough night because I couldn't get any sleep. The thought of Maya kept me awake all night, as well as Lucas and Farkle. I realized that they are the people I care most about.

The light shines through the window as I sigh. It's around noon and I haven't gotten out of bed because I'm too embarrassed to see anyone.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Hazel asks me kindly. She's been trying to make me happy and I really appreciate that. The problem is that I did something really bad, and I'm not sure I can forgive myself. I'm a liar, and I'm someone that I never thought I was ever going to be.

I sit on my bed, feeling the soft sheets beneath me. I look over at Veronica, standing by the entrance of the cabin. She gives me a soft smile.

I'm in the beaver cabin right now. The place I luckily transferred to. I don't think Maya wants to see me and I don't blame her. I have to change back into my old self before I can do anything else.

I have to think positive because that's who I was. I have to always try to do the right thing because that's who I was. I also have to listen to my friends, support them and love them because that's who I... am. I might not be the old Riley right now but that is who I am or at least who I want to be.

"You know that people change people right?" Jessie asks. We all turn to look at the dark headed girl.

"Where did you hear that?" I ask.

"Farkle and I were kind of friends. We actually were close friends. I'm not a super genius like Ravi and him but the let me into their little group," Jessie says softly. I smile at her.

"I didn't know you had friends!" Veronica says surprised.

"Ha-ha, very funny," Jessie says annoyed.

"So what your saying is...?" I question.

"We don't need to change you back into your old self," Jessie says as she stands up.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"Let's just go to the lake pier, it'll be like our version of the bay window. I think after some thinking you'll realize something," Jessie says as she stands. She grabs my hand and pulls my off from my bed.

"Hey! I want to be a part of this too!" Hazel exclaims. Veronica chuckles and says she wants to join us too.

We all quickly run to the lake pier. I luckily didn't see anyone and escaped from judgmental campers. I hate how everyone knows what's going on in my life.

Jessie guides me to the end of the pier and takes a seat. She taps the wooden pier to indicate that I should sit there. I take a seat.

"So what were you trying to tell me?" I question.

"You think that you aren't yourself, right?" Jessie questions. I nod my head. "I think you are yourself, you just haven't let yourself shine through. You have to forgive yourself to be Riley and you have to remember that it's okay to make mistakes. I know that I've done things that I shouldn't have!"

"But I'm not myself. I was jealous and a liar. I know that those qualities aren't me!" I say stubbornly. Jessie sighs.

"I think you just discovered a different side of yourself. Everyone has a good side and a bad side. Everyone feels jealously or tells lies at one point. The problem is that this time you acted on jealous and you made the choice to be deceitful while the 'past you' wouldn't have."

"Exactly, I'm not me because I decided to make those choices!" I demand. Jessie chuckles.

"You are you, you just didn't know that you could make those choices. I know for a fact that the nicest person in the world has been jealous, lied or done something bad at one point. It's part of being human but another part is making choices. The old Riley never left, she just made a bad choice, just like how anyone can make bad choices."

I take a moment to process this. "So I can be friends with Maya?"

"You were always able to. You just had to tell her that you were making bad choices. The reason you did could be because of the crush you had on Xander but that didn't change you, it just made you make a bad choice."

I realize that there is some truth to that. I might have been telling myself that I've changed as an excuse for hurting Maya. The truth is that I did make a bad mistake and hurt Maya, and I did it as myself.

"Thanks Jessie!" I say as I hug her. She stiffens up and then pulls me off her.

"No need for that," she says awkwardly. I laugh and stand. I need to go apologize to Maya and not make excuses.

"Go get your friend back!" Veronica shouts happily.

"If you want I can-" Hazel says before I stop her.

"Thanks for everything but I have to do this myself," I say as I get to her position. I hug her and run all the way back to camp.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Authors Note:

I based this kind of off Maya's supposed change on the show. I didn't really think she changed, she just made better choices. I don't think she became Riley, she was herself, she just mad smarter and wiser decisions.

That's kind of why I made Riley realize that she didn't change, she just made a bad choice.

Anyways, thanks for reading!!! I hope you enjoyed!!! Have a great day, bye!!