|Chapter Fifteen: Truth|

(Xander's POV)

It's been a few hours since I said what I did to Maya. She just gets me so mad sometimes but the worst part is that I still kind of like her. Riley told me that Maya is a phony, a mean, blue eyed, witch but I can't help but like her. I still feel that everything that happened between us was real but I guess it wasn't.

I sigh and lay down on my bed. I look at my ceiling. "Lucas what do you-" I say before stoping myself. I can't believe that I just did that. I sigh again, realizing how much has actually changed. A few days ago Lucas was a really close friend but now he's just a bad guy that I should just forget about.

I sit up and look around the empty room. Farkle is gone, Ravi has been MIA and Jorge has been with Zuri and Tiffany for the past few days. I have the impression that the Grizzly cabin has been slowly falling apart.

I stand and start heading out of the slightly dilapidated cabin. I march over to the first Grizzly camper I see. "Ravi!" I shout as he turns to me sluggishly.

I look around at the grass beneath me and the dark sky above me as I approach him. I realize camp is about to end. We're only a few days away from the closing ceremony and I haven't spent much time with Emma. I did a little but not nearly enough. I also haven't socialized much with my cabin mates.

"What?" Ravi questions nervously. I give him a puzzled look.

"What are you up to?" I ask. He looks around nervously.

"Nothing," he says quickly. I just shrug and wonder why Ravi is so nervous.

"If you're trying to sneak out of camp, you're not going to get very far with that sketchy attitude."

"I'm not trying to.... ugh what do you want?" Ravi asks.

"Can you get the rest of the Grizzlies to the mess hall. We need to have a little meeting to discuss the closing ceremony."

He sighs and nods his head. "Sure," he says unenthusiastically as he walks off. I just smile and turn around.

The closing ceremony involves one of the cabins being the "winner of summer." The cabin who wins gets to eat real food, (unbelievable right?) have a day of being praised and gets to choose whichever cabin to stay in. We won last year and believe it or not we have the best cabin in camp.

I walk over to the mess hall but before I walk in, I hear a loud yell from behind me. "Xander!" A stern voice shouts. I turn around to an angry Maya. Her eyes are fixated on me as she marches to me.

"You don't get to tell me I'm the one who's wrong! You don't get to accuse me of being a bad person or anything else. You don't know me and you don't know what happened! In fact, you don't know anything at all!" She says furiously. She suddenly gets extremely close to my face. "You should do everyone a favor and mind your own business!" She slightly pushes me and turns around. She starts walking off but I chase after her.

I grab her hand and turn her around. Everyone just stops moving around us but we continue fighting. I stare at her with an intense feeling of anger. I'm slightly shaking and I'm clenching my fists.

"Maya, who are you lying to? You know that you've been lying, to me and to everyone! You only care for yourself and you are the one who ruined everything! You were the one that pretended to like me when I could've been happy with Emma. You lied and robbed me of the chance of a full summer of happiness!"

"Lied about liking you? I hate Riley for not being honest to you! She just wanted me out of her way and wanted to make you think I didn't care about you. I'm here to tell you that I liked you but I'm definitely over it. I hate people who don't even ask about the other side of the story!"

Maya turns away and I'm left to my own thoughts. I watch as Parker chases after her and I turn around. I watch Riley give me a look of embarrassment. I walk up to her, the realization hitting me.

"You lied to me?" I ask her. I watch her brown eyes look around nervously. She twirls her brown hair and sighs.

"I did lie."

I instantly feel rage rush through me like a wave of water that can knock down anything in its path. "Why?" I ask angrily before I turn away and start walking off to find Maya. I really need go apologize. She wasn't lying when she told me to mind my own business. I just believed what Riley told me and didn't bother to listen to Maya.

I get to the weasel cabin and I'm about to enter but I don't. I instead stand close to the door and notice that I can hear people talking inside.

"You know you're the only one who bothers to listen right?" Maya's voice says. I just look at the door of the cabin and place my ear against it.

"I'm the only one that knows how kind you are," a voice that's probably Parker's says.

"I just wish people didn't think I'm some mean, cruel and hateful person. I'm tough but I can't take Xander hating me for doing nothing wrong! I also can't take the fact that Riley lied to me. She's supposed to be my best friend but instead she's trying to destroy my happiness! I miss Farkle, and Lucas too. The pile of everything wrong keeps getting higher and I can't take it! I need to leave camp because I can't deal with all of this."

"You can't leave!" Parker's voice says suddenly.

"Why not?" Maya questions.

"You need to fix everything before you leave. I know what it feels like to want to be free from all the drama but the only way to get free is by forgiving, moving on and becoming a better person from it. I know it's hard but you're going to have to forgive Riley. I know deep down she loves you and she only did it because she wasn't thinking. You can't leave because it'll haunt you if you do. It'll haunt you that you didn't make the right choice and be a better person. Just stay for another day and fix everything. If you still want to leave after that, you can."

"Parker, why didn't I know that you were a genius?"

They chuckle and I just walk away. I remember I have to get to the mess hall and afterwards talk to Emma. I can just apologize later.
~~~~~~~
Authors Note:

Hi guys!! It's been like a week since my last update. I know I've been taking longer to update but I'm trying.

I want to thank everyone for reading, voting, commenting, and continuing to read this story. It really means a lot so thank you!

I want to ask a few questions to end this authors note:

Who are your favorite characters?

Would you want a sequel to this book?

What do you think of Riley and Maya?
Do you want them to be friends again?

Who are your favorite ships?

Lastly, do you want to see Lucas and Farkle again?

Thanks for reading!! Have a great day, bye!!