|Chapter Nineteen: Camp Games|

(Xander's POV)

The horn sounds and I start pulling the rope. I stare at Maya and Hazel at the other end of the rope.

"You're going down!" I shout at them. Maya chuckles.

"Let the best person win," she says through a smug smile.

I notice that Ravi and Jorge are pulling with everything they can, but sadly it's not enough. Maya might be small but she's actually really strong. Hazel is on her team, and she can be quite strong too.

The rope starts moving towards Maya's direction. I try to plant me feet on the ground, but I'm pulled forward. The crowd cheers for the Weasels.

"Why aren't we winning? There are more of us than there are of them!" Ravi shouts from behind me.

"Maybe it's because you can barely pick up a toothbrush!" I shout.

"Now is not the time for jokes Xander. We have to find a way to win!"

"I actually think that we should just give up," Jorge says.

I takes step forward because of how much force Maya and Hazel are using to pull us into the mud. I stare at the mud that's in between my team and hers. My team is much closer to getting covered in dirt than Maya and Hazel are.

"We are not about to give up!" I shout at Jorge.

"Then what do you suggest we do to win?" Jorge asks.

My team loses more ground, and we are pulled closer to the watery mud. I notice that Maya has a smile on her face.

"This is easy!" she shouts at us.

"I suggest we pull!" I shout. I use all my strength to win back all the ground we lost. The crowd cheers for my team.

I can feel the rope burning my skin. We aren't allowed to use gloves are anything. It doesn't feel the bad but it's definitely not the best feeling in the world.

I look over at Maya and notice that she has a determined facial expression on. I know that I'm not going to let them win.

"Guys!" I shout.

"What?" Ravi shouts back.

"Use all the strength you have! Even if it's pretty much not existent!"

"Hey!" Ravi and Jorge shout angrily.

I pull the rope and take steps back. Maya shouts angrily as she starts losing ground quickly.

"Go Maya!" I hear Parker shout from the sides.

"Xander!" Emma screams happily. 

My team continues to pull until Maya and Hazel are only inches from the mud pile. This time I'm the one smiling as Maya and Hazel fall into the mud.

"We won!" Ravi says cheerfully.

"I guess it's good that we didn't give up," Jorge says.

"It was definitely good that we didn't," I say. I know for a fact that we would have been made fun of so bad if we wouldn't have won.

Maya walks over to us covered in mud. She sighs as she places herself in front of me. "Good job guys!" she says feigning a happy tone.

"Good job to you," I say back.

Maya chuckles. She sighs, and she gives me an intense, playful stare.

"I'm going to go clean up."

I nod my head, and she walks away. I chuckle as I turn back to my excited cabin.

"I can't believe we won!" Ravi says excitedly.