|Chapter Seventeen: Friends? Part two)

(Riley's POV)

"She doesn't want to see you!" Parker says with his arms crossed. He stands in front of the weasel cabin. His brown eyes are cold and he gives me a death stare.

"I just want to talk to her! I need to-" I say before he stops me.

"She doesn't care. She isn't ready to talk to you!"

I sigh and put a hand on my hip. "Can I please just see her? I really want to apologize and I need to tell her something!"

Parker scoffs and rolls his eyes. "What do you want to tell her?" He asks annoyed.

"I just wanted to tell her that I miss her, and that I love her. I just wanted to say that I really messed up!"

Parker seems to debating with himself wether he should let me in or not. He throws his hands up in frustration.

"I'm going to let you in but you better not screw this chance up!" He says pointing a stern finger at me. I smile and hug him.

"Thanks so much!" I say as I pull out of the embrace. I rush into the worn down cabin.

"Maya!" I say happily. She sitting on her bed, furious. She turns to me slowly as I rush to her.

"Don't you dare!" She shouts suddenly. I stop in my tracks, a few feet away from her.

Her blue eyes are burning and her face is hard. She looks like she's about to kill me.

"Maya!" I plead, taking a step. She shoots up from her bed. Her hair flies wildly and her fists clench.

"I said stop!" She says through a shaky voice. Her eyes seem a little watery now. She looks broken instead of angry.

"Maya, please!" I say softly. She chuckles.

"You don't know how much it hurt me," she says turning around. I stay planted on the ground, not moving an inch. "It hurt me to think my best friend lied to keep me away from someone I really like!"

"I'm sorry, I know that I shouldn't have done that. I shouldn't have even thought of doing that. I'm so sorry, I just want to forget that it happened!" I say with water collecting around my eyes.

Maya turns around. "Don't do that!" Maya yells. "Don't try to act like what you did is just going to go away. This isn't just going to go away because you want it to! In fact, it'll never go away!"

I take a step forward and Maya takes a step back. "Then let's not forget. I just want to move passed this. I don't care if moving past this takes days, months or years. I just want my best friend and I just want to love her," I say shakily. I can feel my body shaking and cold tears roll down my cheeks.

Maya wipes the tears off her face. "I just want things to be like they used to. When I did everything bad, and you did everything right. I just want to be in a world where everything makes sense. I just want my best friend to be my best friend!" Maya says through a sob.

I quickly run to her and pull her into an embrace. "I am your best friend! I just made a horrible, stupid mistake. I promise that I'm going to do my best to be my best."

I feel Maya's body tremble, her head on shoulder. We sink to the ground and we just sit there. We sit there for hours until the day turns to night.

Parker walks in after some time. "What happened?" He asks softly. Maya sniffs and we stand up from the ground. I stare at her and she stares back.

"I made a mistake Maya, can you forgive me?"

Maya nods her head softly and I pull her into another embrace. "I hate fighting with you!" I say honestly.

"I hate fighting with you too."

We pull out of the embrace after a while and Maya smiles at me. Parker suddenly walks over to us. He wraps his arms around Maya and kiss her forehead.

I give Maya a puzzled looks and she chuckles. "Paya is a thing now," she says laughing. Parker smiles and I smile back.

"I don't like that ship name. I think Marker is better!" I say as the three of us walk out of the cabin together.

"Do we really need a ship name?" Parker asks, with an arm around Maya.

It's kind of weird to see her with someone, not because I'm jealous or because she doesn't deserve it. It's just weird.

"Yes!" Maya and I say in unison. We then laugh in harmony.

"You guys friends again?" Zuri asks as she gets to us. Her arm is on her hip and I can feel her sassiness from here.

"Yeah!" I say happily. She just rolls her eyes. She them smiles at us.

"Of course, but please just stay friends. I don't want to see you two fighting again. While it might be fun to watch, you guys are not meant to fight," Zuri says. I smile at her as she turns around and walks away.

"I think everyone here likes our friendship," I say looking at Maya. She turns to me and nods.

I sigh and then say, "so... we only have the rest of today and two more days until the end of camp." I notice that Parker gives a sad look to Maya.

"But it'll be the best three days of my life," Maya says looking into Parkers eyes. I smile, feeling warmth inside me. I reminds me of Lucas. It reminds me of the time that we slowed danced here and it reminds me that I love him.

"I need to go," I say suddenly. Maya turns to me with a puzzled look. She stops in her tracks and forces Parker to stop.

"What?" She asks. I turn to her with a smile.

"I have to fight for him. I have to show him... that I love him!" I say in realization. I never liked Xander more than Lucas. I think I actually never liked Xander. I did it because I was afraid, afraid of my feelings getting stronger. I was afraid of growing up and actually liking someone, and I was afraid of change. I acted that I liked Xander so that it can be an excuse to mess up Lucas and I.

"What? When? W-" Maya says before I hug her.

"I have to get going, but I'll see you back in New York!" I shouts as I pull out of the embrace. I turn around and start running.

"Go get him back!" I hear Maya shout from behind me. She can already tell it's about Lucas.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Authors Note:

I want to apologize for the late update. I think I said that I would update Friday but I didn't so sorry!!!

Anyways, thanks for reading!! Please vote, comment and enjoy!!!! Bye!!