Ready to Comply

"Do we go with or without Clint?" Tony asked, fixing the shoulder part of his suit. The knife where Kali had stabbed him left a hole in his shoulder gear. Normally that wouldn't be possible, but somehow she did it. Super strength? Maybe, if Bucky had it...
"I have no idea. What do you think?" Steve asked, his pencil scratching against his sketch pad.
"Hey, Bucky is your boyfriend, not mine. If you wanna ditch the bird, then it's your call. But, maybe Nat would say something about that." He said with a shrug, his screwdriver fixed in his suit. Steve sighed, knowing that either decision would have some side effects.
He wanted to get Bucky and Kali out of there as soon as possible, but he knew he needed his whole team there to have a chance. There was also the fact of getting Kali to either snap out of her Soldier state or knocking her out and carrying her to safety. Then what would we do? The same thing they did with Bucky?
Steve looked down at his drawing. It was a sketch of Kali, Bucky, and HYDRA. He twirled the pencil around in his hand, not sure what to draw next, or even if he should draw anymore.
He looked back up at Tony and noticed he now had the screwdriver in his mouth while taking something from Dummy.
"How much longer until Clint would be in stable enough condition to fight?" Steve asked, knowing Tony would know all about it since he listened to Bruce and since he watched over Clint.
Tony shrugged and spoke around the screwdriver.
"Probably a week at most. Since he's been with S.H.I.E.L.D his healing is better than most peoples, and he's good with dealing with pain."
Steve nodded, processing the information.
For the best chance at saving Bucky and Kali, we would have to wait a week. But what could HYDRA have already done to them both in a week? They could've already turned Bucky back into The Winter Soldier, or made it impossible for us to get in touch with the real Kali.
Steve closed his eyes and rubbed his temples, the pencil falling to the ground.
"If you don't want to go in with Clint, I could always try something with their electricity or their systems. Make a distraction, so to speak. I could cut out the lights and give you all night vision goggles or something." Tony said, seemingly to himself, but also to Steve.
"That's not a bad idea, Tony."
Steve stood up, catching his sketch pad before it could fall.
"How soon can you start on the goggles?" Steve asked, pointing a finger at him.
Tony looked startled but quickly held his composer as he answered.
"As soon as I fix my suit, which should be by tomorrow. I could have them finished tomorrow as well, they aren't hard to make."
"Great, I'll go tell the team."
Steve walked away from Tony and his lab in search of the rest of the team.

******

He now stood in front of the team at the table.
"Alright. Tony and I have come up with a plan to get Kali and Bucky out of HYDRA."
The team waited in silence for him to continue. It felt odd to Steve not having Clint and Tony's remarks.
"Tony is going to cut off the power in HYDRA, causing all their lights to go off. He will also be making night vision goggles for us all that should be done by tomorrow. We'll go in, get Bucky and Kali, and get out."
Without skipping a second, Nat spoke up.
"What about Kali being The Killing Soldier? She'll kill us before we can take her. And what about Clint? Are we just leaving him here?"
"We haven't gotten as far as how to get Kali out, but Tony did suggest knocking her out, which could prove difficult yet efficient. And yes, we were planning on keeping Clint here, considering his injuries." Steve answered, placing a hand on the table.
"If we do this, we have to have a plan and a backup plan for Kali. She's not something to mess with, she took pretty much all of us out." Nat said, pointing to herself.
"I know."

******

"Tony! How are the goggles doing?" Steve asked, marching into the lab in his suit.
"They are doing perfectly. They're all finished and ready to go, Capsicle."
"Great, cause we're leaving now. Get in your suit and get to the quinjet."
Tony nodded and walked towards his suits as Steve left again, heading for the jet. He met Nat on his way there, and she fell into his stride. Soon enough they were marching inside the quinjet, meeting with Thor and Bruce. Tony was only a few seconds later then they were.
"Let's go get 'em."

******

"Let me go! Let me go you bastards!" A girl was struggling in the arms of HYDRA. She was kicking and whipping her head back and forth. Her face seemed so familiar.
"WHY? Why did they know me? Tell me! Who the hell-" Her cries got cut off when the butt of a gun hit her head.
A hand was placed on his shoulder as he watched. He wasn't allowed to look, he knew that, he also knew who it was.
"Soldier, you see now why we did what we did? We do this to protect you. None of this is to harm you. If we didn't do what we did, you would've been like her."
He nodded.
"Go back to your training, Soldier. She is no longer important."

The chair was cold against his back. He felt a wave of panic crash through him as he felt a cold metal on his head. Hands seemed to come from everywhere as they held him down and put restraints on his wrists and arms.
"Before we can start the whole process, I must try something first."
The man cleared his throat, and Bucky had a feeling he might know what was coming. He felt like he was going to throw up.
"Longing. Rusted. Seventeen. Daybreak. Furnace. Nine. Benign. Homecoming. One. Freight car."
Bucky felt himself being lost. He felt himself be pushed into the depths of his mind as Winter rose. He was still there, he was still able to hear and to see and to feel. But he couldn't do anything. He was stuck watching as he felt the familiar feel of emptiness take over him.
He felt himself change.
"Soldier?"
"Ready to comply."