Chapter 1

It's been seven years and the image of grey eyes never left Remus's head. This was the last year he had to show Sirius how much he means to him and he is prepared to do anything to show this.

*****

The scarlet red train pulled up to the station. The buzz in the air getting more excited. A messy black haired boy stumbled through the wall with minutes to spare.

He was greeted by three smiles.

"About time to Sirius through you were going to miss it this time"

"Have to keep you on your toes James"

"Guys we have one-minute let's go"

"Nice to see you too Moony"

"Hello Padfoot now let's go"

******

The ride with a filled chat about everyone's summer. Well, just James's really. Sirius had been kicked out his home and Remus well he didn't like to talk much about his home life.

"Where will you go Sirius," Peter asked. Sirius turned to his side and smiles at James.

"Staying with this one"

"Still on the family tree?" Remus asked putting his book down and saying something for the first time since being on the train.

"What, how do you know about that?" Sirius questioned he was confused that Remus knows about such private things.

"Well, all pureblood family have a room filled with there family tree. I just assumed you did too and no doubt your mum wouldn't want you there after you got put in Gryffindor and got kicked out"

"You know Moony you're so clever"

"I try my best"

The whole carriage filled with laughter, but this was cut short when Lily Evens walked past taking to Severus.

James's jaw clenched at the thought of Lily getting along with Snape. The other all noticed how tense he was and shared a look. Peter stood up and shut the blinds down, Sirius held his arms because he knows James wouldn't be able to hold on long before the would beat up Snape.

Without a second thought, James wriggled out of Sirius grip and pushed him to the ground. Remus jumped up and make sure Sirius was alright. Poor Peter tried to stop James but he was far too strong.

"I'm fine Moony but get James you know what he's like when he's angry"

Remus nodded his head and took off down the corridor

******

James ran following Lily.

"Stop right there Snivelius!"

Severus rolled his eyes and whispered something to Lily. He turned around and was faced to face with James wand. It was pointed directly at his heart.

In one swift movement, Severus was mirroring James.

"I don't want to hurt you Potter especially not in front of Lily"

"You leave Evans out of this"

"Come on Sev just leave him"

"I told you there not the people to hung around with, I don't want it to rub off you"

Severus patted Lily's head as she let out a small giggle.

******

By this point, Remus had finally found James. He was closely followed by Peter and Sirius was still in the carriage.

"James, what happened?" Remus spoke in a soft voice.

"She hates me that what happened" his voice was small and weak like he was trying to hold back tears

"Come back to the carriage"

Remus put his small arm around James's more toned one and lead him back to Sirius. He was sat in the seats looking back to normal. James entered and mumbled an apology to which Sirius smiled and nodded his head.

"What happened mate tell us".

James recapped the storytelling it to the three Marauders who were listening closely. The whole time Remus was staring straight at Sirius. He was so into the story so he didn't notice. This was the way Remus likes it. He took in every feature of Sirius's face. His clear skin, the way his long hair fell perfectly framing his face. He was perfect.

Remus let out a sigh, of course, this is all it would ever be Sirius would never return the feelings he had for him.

"What's up Mons?"

The voice snapping Remus out if thought.

"Oh what nothing"

Peter gave a small nod not really believing him but let it got anyway.

"Look I know what will cheer you up. Here comes the sweet trolley. I'll buy you some chocolate frogs." Remus' head popped up at the mention of chocolate.

"Yeah Re we all know how much you like chocolate"

The carriage once again filled with laughter and this time there were no interruptions.

About ten chocolate frogs later the train pulled up to the station.

"Ready for your last year guys"

"Sure are Moony" all three replied at once.

******

When all the first years had been sorted the feast had begun. Sirius piled loads of food into his plate and started eating.

How could someone look so perfect just by eating Remus thought as he looked at his food. With his head resting in his hands, he sighed this time smiling at the boy in front of him. Sirius looked Remus in the eyes and returned the smile.

********

After the feast, the four Marauders ran ahead of everyone else to make sure they were all together in the same dorm again.

The list was pinned to the common room wall. James was the first there a shouted:: "we are all together again guys don't worry".

Both couldn't contain there smiles as they looked at each other. This was going to be a good year they both could feel it. The rest of the Gryffindor's came in and the room filled with shouts of people comparing who they would be sharing a room with.

Lily walked past not even glancing at James, she just went straight to the list and walked off to find her roommates. This action makes James want to hurt Snape even more. He wanted him to feel the pain he did when Lily rejected him.

*******

1000 words whoops tell you if you like the chapters being this long or if it's a bit too much. And hope you enjoy this story.