Chapter 2

The warm wind blows around the busy field. The four Marauders were walking up to the lake. As they rounded a corner James caught sight of Slytherin robes down by one of the trees.

"Hey, Padfoot how about we get Snivelius back for what happened on the train yesterday."

"Alright what have you got in mind James."

A smirk played in James' lips as he walked up to Severus. Snape shut his book and looked up.

"What do you want Potter?"

His cold harsh voice making all surrounding quiet. James drew his wand and Snape followed quickly, but James was quicker.

"Expelliarmus" James shouted sending the wand flying through the air and landing perfectly in James' hand.

"Levicorpus" James shouted again and make Severus start to float up. A crowd had started to gather around laughing and watching as Snape struggled helplessly.

"Nice one James," Sirius said for next to him. James turned and smiled at his best friend. This was one of the best things they had down to Snivelius in ages.

Among the crowd, Lily was watching for a distance hoping that James would stop soon. This was one of her best friends after all. When James failed to stop she took a stand.

"Who wants to see me take off old Snivelius's trousers"

Laughter once again erupted for the crowd around. Lily pushed her way to the front and glared at James this didn't make his stop.

"James just leave him"

"Stay out of this Evans"

"Don't call me Evans I have a name"

James took his eyes off of Snape and looked into Lily green ones. He could see the anger and annoyance in them. The spell broke and Severus when straight to the ground.

Lily ran over to help him up. She had hold of his arm, pulling him. Snape shook his arm shaking her off.

"I don't need your help"

"Sev please"

"I said I don't need your help. I don't need the help of a mudblood"

Both Lily and Severus eyes went wide. He couldn't believe what he had just called his best friend and she couldn't believe it.

"Lily" Snape tried but she was already walking way tears in her eyes.

"You'll pay for that one Snape"

James again pointed his wand at Snape but as Lily walked past she pulled it out of his hand and threw it on the floor. In a small whispered voice she said.

"This is your fault Potter well done"

*****

James didn't say anything for the rest of the night. He had locked himself in the dorm and wouldn't let anyone in. It was still that same when dinner came around. Sirius offered to stay in case James came out or needed to talk.

"Go on Moony I'll be fine bring us some food back"

"No, I'm staying with you can't have you being lonely. Peter bring some food for us"

Peter didn't need telling twice he was fine with his friends staying behind at dinner as long as he got food. He nodded his head and joined the other Gryffindor's going to dinner.

The common room became quiet. Remus didn't like the quiet it reminded him too much of the day's his dad would leave him to transform every month.

His began to hum a muggle tune he had heard his mother sing. Sirius' head turned at the sudden sound.

"What's up Re?"

His voice soft. Remus' head was turned away for him with a small number of tears falling down his cheeks. He shook his head scared his voice would crack.

Deciding against trying to make Remus tell Sirius what was wrong. Sirius just pulled him into his chest. Sirius sat stroking Remus's hair. They staying like this until the common room started to fill up. Unfortunately, they had fallen asleep. So all the other saw them together.