Chapter 7

Sirius pasted around the dorm room and checked the time. 3:30 AM. Wow, I was talking to Lily for a long time he thought. He didn't know what to do now. He felt so bad for missing the moon, this was the first time in almost 5 years but he hadn't gone to the transformation with Remus. But now here he was here sitting on his bed, hands on his face, trying to plan his next move.

Sirius would try to catch the other three marauders before they entered the hospital wing tomorrow morning. Which is about 6 AM, so, for now, he tried to get to sleep.

It wasn't till 5 AM that Sirius finally fell into a deep sleep dreaming about the multiple reactions that Remus and the others would have to him. Before he knew where he was his alarm was beeping telling him it was 5:50 AM.

He quickly scrambled around the dorm finding some clothes and shot out the portrait hole. He made it to the doors of the hospital wing, looked inside, and realised that they haven't come yet. So he waited, back leaning against the door, waiting.

"Hey, Sirius." A voice behind him said. It belonged to Mary.

"I'm sorry for breaking up with you. Thinking about it now it was a mistake. So do you want to give it another try?" Her voice was soft and low and she was speaking right into his ear. Normally this action would make the hairs on his neck stand up. But this time nothing. It made Sirius think, was this because he now knows he loved Remus.

Sirius wasn't paying attention to the words Mary was saying to him. He was only brought back to reality when he felt her lips pressing to his. The action shocked him at first, he then started to kiss back. He didn't know why because he had no longer had feelings for her, but couldn't seem to stop himself.

Mary wrapped her arms tightly around his neck, and Sirius mirrored her actions but around her waist. Things were getting more heated by the second until the small whimper was heard a few feet away from where they were stood.

Sirius turned his head to the side. He saw James, Peter and Remus standing wide-eyed looking at him. Remus looked bad bruises littered his face and arms, blood coming from the multiple cuts on his forehead and a few tears could be seen rolling down his face.

"Remus" Sirius said breathlessly. He looked straight into the boys' eyes and saw nothing but hurt in them.

"I can explain," Sirius said but it was too little too late. Peter had taken Remus inside the hospital wing and left James to deal with Sirius.

"Let me see him"

"I think you've done enough damage don't you."

Sirius turned to Mary and told her to leave them alone she happily agreed and gave Sirius a small kiss before walking off.

"So why Moony was in agony turning into a werewolf, you are here snogging your ex-girlfriend. How could you do that to him?"

"It's not like that James I was talking to Lily and lost track of time"

Sirius saw a flicker of angry in James's eyes as he turned and left.

"Leave us alone," James said keeping his back to Sirius and slammed the door behind him. Sirius had messed up. Bad. And didn't know how to fix it.

**************

James lent against the door for a few seconds closing his eyes, until he slowly made his way to Remus's bed. The small boy was wrapped in the sheet crying continuously. Peter now knew about Remus's feelings towards Sirius, but again didn't know what to do in this situation so just sat and watched. James hated seeing his friends upset and normally would do anything to make them happy again. But this time even he didn't know what to do.

After countless minutes of trying to calm Remus down, Madam Pomfrey came over and told the two remaining boys they needed to go to class.

"We'll see you later okay Moony," James said before leaving. The walk to transfiguration was quiet and slow for James and Peter. They didn't know what to do or say.

Once arriving at the class James wasn't surprised to see that Sirius having turned up. He was probably in the dorm James thought or with Mary.

************

Sirius wasn't in the dorm no he was in the hospital wing slowly walking to Remus's bed. He had waited until Madam Pomfrey had left before entering.

Sirius was happy to see that Remus was asleep when he arrived, he lowered himself into one of the chairs and looked at Remus. Even with the cuts, scars and buries, that's lined his face he was still breathtaking. Sirius once again wondered how he had never noticed this beauty before. This was the first time Sirius had ever felt nervous around Remus.

"Hey, Moony I know you're asleep and can't hear me so I thought this was the perfect time to talk to you. I'm so sorry for missing the moon yesterday I was talking to Lily and I know that's not an excuse but we were talking about you. She was telling me that I needed to man up and accept my feelings for you. Don't get mad at Prongs but he kind of told me you liked me. No, that you love me. I was so scared and angry in finding this out that I didn't know what to do. That why I took it out of you, I wanted you to stop loving me. But now I have finally realised that I was wrong. So I guess what I'm trying to say is. I love you Remus and I have since the first time I laid eyes on you." Sirius took a deep breath and got up to leave. But before he could he felt something grip his wrist. He turned to see Remus looking up at him

"Stay."