Chapter 5

The rest of the morning/afternoon dragged by for Remus as he couldn't seem to get his mind off Sirius. All he could think about was what he and Mary were doing.

Shaking his head he tried to remove the thoughts just as the portrait hole swung open. Sirius limped in with bruises on his face and a small amount of blood trickling from his lip.

"Siri, what happened to you?" Remus questioned as soon as he saw Sirius's face.

"It's your fault, Remus. You made me late for my date with Mary and now she's broken up with me. I hope you're happy."

Remus looked down at the floor and mumbled an apology.

"You know what Lupin sorry isn't going to cut it. I hope you're happy with yourself."

With that Sirius pushed past James and Peter and climbed the stairs to the dorm. Peter gave a sympathetic look to Remus and went back to eating his sweets. He wasn't very good in situations like this.

Remus's eyes glazed over as he pushes past the boys and exited the common room. He didn't know where he was going but knew he wanted to be alone right now.

No one stopped him as he ran through the endless corridors of the castle trying to find a space to be alone. What was he going to do? Sirius hated him now and it was all his fault. Why did he have to catch feelings? Thoughts like this buzzed around his head as he tried to calm down.

Remus found himself down by the lake. The memories of just a few hours ago caused the tears he's been holding back to spill out his eyes and run down his cheeks.

"Remus" soft voice said behind him, which he knew belonged to James.

"Its okay, he didn't mean it, you know what he's like when he gets angry." James came closer to Remus and pulled him into a tight hug. This just made him cry more.

"He hates me, James." Remus's voice was small and sounded broken.

"No, he doesn't. Just give him a few days to calm down and everything will go back to normal."

"I don't want to give in a few days."

"And why not?"

"Because I love him. James, I'm in love with. I have been for the last seven years and now I've gone and messed it all up" Remus's voice cracked several times during the sentence as more tears continued to flow down his face.

James was shocked by this statement and didn't know how to respond. He just stood there continuing to hug him to try and calm him down.

"I'll talk to him okay. I won't tell him I know but I'll just talk to him," James said and then left Remus to continue crying. Alone.

**********

James sprinted back to the common room, burst through the portrait hole and run up the stairs to the dorm room. He banged on the door shouting for Sirius to unlock the door and let him in. After a few moments, Sirius climbed out of his bed, slowly walked to the door, and pulled it open. He was face-to-face with James who was breathing heavily and red-faced.

"Let me in," he said breathlessly.

Sirius, in no mood, to argue obliged turned and open the door. He went back to sitting on his own bed as James did the same.

"Why did you do that? You know it's not really his fault and now he blames himself."

Sirius looked up at the ceiling he knew deep down it wasn't really Remus's fault, he was the one that suggested they spend the day together. He was just angry and caught up in the moment and didn't know what the sudden anger had come from.

"He's your friend Sirius don't you care that you've upset him?"

"Why would he care about me I'm sure he'll just go back to his books and forget anything happened." That anger Sirius had been keeping back was now beginning to seep through.

"Are you really that blind?"

Sirius gave a confused look.

"He's in love with you Sirius. And have been for the last seven years and now he thinks you hate him. How do you think he's feeling right now?"

Sirius's eyes went wide with shock. Was Remus in love with him? And had been for the last seven years. This was news to him, had he really been that blind that he hadn't realised his best friend had been in love with him for seven years?

"Don't tell him told you. But seriously you need to think about what you've done and how much you hurt him."

James stood up and was about to leave the dorm.

" James. You know I'm not gay right I don't like him like that?"

"If that's what you want to tell yourself, Sirius, then fine but there's no point denying it and lying to yourself."

"I'm not gay. What made you think that was? Yeah, I love him as a friend but not anything more."

"Whatever I'll leave you to think about it."

**************

Sirius was shocked, to say the least. He had never questioned his sexuality and have never seen Remus as anything more than his best friend. But all this time Remus has been pining over him. That was hard to believe. But then again he never saw what he's like around other people, it could be completely different for all Sirius knows.

What made James think he liked Remus too? Did I come across as in love with him? Did I come across as gay to other people? Had I fooled Remus into thinking I liked him too?

Sirius shook his head. No, I'm not gay and I don't like Remus like that. I like girls. He had to think of a plan to make Remus 'fall out of love with him'.  This was going to be difficult.

There was only one person he knew that could help him with this situation. Lily Evans.

Stand by me. Wolfstar. जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें