Chapter 6

The next few days dragged by for both boys. The constant avoiding each other was starting to annoy Remus. He was tired of trying to talk to Sirius and not getting anywhere, so now he had given up.

Peter and James have now started to drift away from him also. He didn't know what to do and how to stop it, so he just stood by and let it happened.

Remus was deep in thought as he walked along the corridor, as he did most days to try and clear his head. This never actually worked but it was better than sitting in the dorm, not speaking, surrounded by the people that clearly didn't want anything to do with him any more.

Remus was concentrating so hard on the stone slabs that lay in front of him but he didn't realise another student was coming towards him. He didn't notice until his shoulder had been hit and he was lying on the floor.

"Oh gosh, I'm so sorry I didn't see you there" The voice of Sirius.

He would recognise it anywhere. Remus stayed on the floor and closed his eyes until Sirius finally realised who he had bumped into.

"Oh, it's you" Remus was now used to the cold harsh voice Sirius used whenever he was around or spoke to him. So it no longer phased him.

"Are you going to lie down there all night?" Sirius snapped glaring down at the boy who lay out in front of him.

A small sigh slipped past Remus's lips as he slowly pulled himself onto his feet. Only be knocked into the wall opposite him. Remus had no strength to fight, so he closed his eyes and let it happen. It was a regular thing now for Sirius to be hitting Remus no reason in particular. Remus kept telling himself 'it's his way of getting rid of his anger, he'll be back to normal tomorrow.' But as you can guess Sirius never went back to normal.

Strong fists collided with Remus's nose, jaw and stomach. Leaving a small amount of blood flowing from his nose. When he was finished Sirius let go of Remus, he fell to the floor and left. Remus didn't care too much about his injuries as being a werewolf he had experienced far worse. But that couldn't be compared to the emotional pain that came with knowing his best friend had done this to him. He couldn't tell anyone about this who would believe him anyway.

These regular occurrents reminded Remus of the days before he'd found friends at Hogwarts. Where a group of Slytherins would come and beat up for no reason, and to this day he never knew why but now it was happening all over again. From not enemies from friends.

*****************

Sirius never normally felt bad after attacking Remus, but for some reason today he did. He didn't want Remus to love him because he didn't want him pining over him forever, because Sirius knew they would never be together. He needed advice on what to do. So he went to find Lily.

She was standing by the entrance to the great hall talking to a small group of her friends. Slowly Sirius walked up behind her and tapped her shoulder.

"I need to talk you," Sirius said, grabbed her wrist, and pulled her down the corridor.

"You better now be hitting on me Black" she shouted as they entered an empty classroom.

"Like I would do that" Sirius rolled his eyes and sat on one of the chairs in the room.

"I need your help with the Remus. Apparently, he's in love with me and I need a way to get him to fall out of love with me and I thought you would be the best person to ask. So give me advice"

"I think you messed up your words there Black, don't you mean you need advice on how to show Remus that you love him as well"

Sirius rolled his eyes "not you as well I've had enough of this from James. I'm not gay and I'm not in love with Remus"

Sirius laid back on the table and rub his hands over his face.

"What do I do? I don't want the poor guy to be miserable his whole life"

"Look Sirius. You might not think that you like Remus but deep down you do. It's like you never want to be apart from him and when you are you always want to go back, whenever you see him you can't help but smile and whenever you talk about him your face just seems to. Light up."

"That's not true. I came here for your advice and all you're doing is making up lies about me"

"How does he make you feel? When you're around him what do you feel like."

"I feel angry because I don't want him to like me. But before this, all happened I felt. Happy around him. Like I never wanted the moment to end"

"What else?"

"When I'm near him all I want to do is tell him everything. Not just about what's happened to me that day but my whole life, like everything that happened with my family. But I never want to share it with anyone else only Remus. I get sad when he's in the dorm all by himself studying because all I want to do is be with him. And when he's ill I can't concentrate on my work in class, because all I'm doing is thinking about how he's doing."

"See you're in love with him"

"How did I never noticed this?"

"I think you were scared of what people would say if they found out. So you denied and buried your feelings so you wouldn't have to face them"

"Thank you"

With that Sirius got up and left the class, he was heading back to the dorm to make up with Remus.

"You owe one Potter," Lily said under her breath with a small laugh.

***************

Sirius ran all the way to the Gryffindor common room. Once he arrived he burst into the dorm. But to his surprise, he found no one there.

He was confused for a moment until he looked out the window and saw the full moon shining high in the sky.

How had he forgotten tonight was the full moon?