Chapter 4

*School ended* 

Luke laid in bed thinking about Ashton. He wondered why he was silent. He didn't like that kind of silent. He saw that Ashton wounds went deep. He noticed the little things. How Ashton kept his sleeves held down with his fingers. How when he dazed off he would have this worry look on his face. He knew Ashton was unsteady. That Ashton was broken. He wanted to fix Ashton. Get him to talk. 

"Luke, hun...dinner is done." Luke's mom pushed open his door. 

"Okay." Luke got up and followed his mom to the dinner room where his two brothers and his father were already seated. 

"Anything interested at school?" Luke's father asked. 

"I met this boy, I don't know much about him...he stays silent. Like he's mute but I know he can talk. He just chooses not too." Luke sighed. 

"Is he gay?" Luke's brother blurted out. 

"Don't know." Luke looked up at him. 

"Are you crushing on him?" His other brother asked. 

"No Ben, I'm not." Luke rolled his eyes. 

Luke did find himself attracted to Ashton but he didn't think it was a crush. 

"Don't give up on him Luke, he needs someone." My mom smiled. 

"I know." I sighed. "He gets bullied...well he was getting bullied." 

"Yeah, I know." Luke's dad spoke. "You beat the crap out of his bully." 

Luke laughed and nodded his head. He was proud of what he did. He was protecting Ashton. 

... 

"You dumb fag! You can never do anything right!" Ashton flinched at his words. 

He over cooked the pizza. It wasn't his fault though. His step-dad made him clean the bathroom. He stood ready for his beating. He cried as his step-dad slapped his across the face. His cheek stung. Ashton went to sit up but his step-dad kicked his side. 

Kill me now. 

I don't wanna live this life. 

I'm better off dead. 

Ashton cried hard, once the kicking, and punching stopped Ashton went to his room. He was happy that his room had bathroom with it. He ran himself a bath with hot water. He stripped out of c his clothing and got into the bath. The hot water burned his body but he liked it. He moved a tile and pulled out a razor. He made a few cuts before relaxing. He closed his eyes and Luke popped up in his mind. 

Ashton was happy to have Luke in life now, but he feared that if he told Luke he would leave him. So he kept it a secret. But keeping this from Luke might ruin what they have already. He got out the bath tub and dried off bandage his arms and got dressed. He looked at his phone that he pulled out from his backpack. 

[Miss. Smith : Hi hun how are you? Did you make it home safe?] 

He replied to Miss. Smith with a yes. He saw that Luke sent him a couple a texts. 

[Luke :) : Hey Ashton, are you okay? You seemed worried at Luke?] 

[Luke :) : Please answer back when you get my massages.] 

[Luke :) : Answer me or I'm coming over!] 

[Luke :) : I can't come over bc I idk where you live :/ just please answer me.] 

Ashton smiled at his seeing Luke's messages. He was worried about him. He answered Luke. 

[Ashton : I'm alive.] 

Even though he wished he wasn't. 

********************************** 

If you any of you guys self-harm please try and find away to stop. It's not okay to hurt yourself. Please fight. You're worth living. I'm sorry for what happened to you that lead you down that road. I want to say that life will get better for you but I can't say. I can say is that You're Worth It, You're Beautiful, You're Stronger Than You Think. I HOPE life gets better for you! 

Comment, Share & Vote  

Xx