Chapter 7

Luke grabbed Ashton's arm. Ashton screamed out in pain. Luke removed his hand in fear. He stared down at Ashton's arm. Ashton rubbed it a little bit. He looked down, Luke grabbed Ashton's hand and lifted up his sleeve.

"Why?" Luke held back his tears.

"Don't." Ashton's voice was low.

"Don't what Ash! You're hurting yourself....you talked." Luke was taken back.

"Yeah, but you can't tell anyone. I haven't spoken in years." Ashton mumbled. "I surprised myself when I spoke you and just then...you're doing something to me Luke. It's scary but I don't want it to stop." 

"Okay, promise. But you promise me that you'll stop hurting yourself." Luke cupped Ashton's cheek.

Ashton nodded.

...

I know I promised Luke but it's not that easy. I only cut when he beats me. Or when the bad thoughts take over. I was sitting in a pool of watered down blood. I got up, raised myself off. I bandaged my arms and calmed into bed.

I read the texts Luke sent me.

[Luke :) : I know you broke your promise. Don't worry your secret is safe with me. I don't break promises]

Ashton's heart broke when he read it. He broke a promise he made and with just anyone. With Luke.

[Ashton : I'm sorry.]

Luke didn't text back. Ashton felt really bad now. It made his arms itch. He hurt Luke. He needed to clear his mind before he did it again. Ashton grabbed a shirt and gym shorts. His step-dad left after he beat Ashton. He put his music one and walked. The cold air hit his face. As he was walking he got the feeling that someone was following him. He stopped and looked around. Dirty hands covered Ashton's mouth. He fought off the person who attacked him. He ran but was attacked from behind again. He was thrown to the ground.

"You're going to pay for that." The man said.

He grabbed Ashton's pants but was thrown away from Ashton. Three boys stood defending Ashton. Two beat the crap out of the guy as one helped Ashton.

"Ash, are you okay?" Luke's worried voice called out.

Ashton didn't speak. He was helped up by Luke. They walked to Luke's house, which was right across where Ashton got attacked.

Ashton sat quietly on Luke's bed. As Luke's mom cleaned up his cuts on his knees.

"Can I see your arms." She said calmly.

Ashton looked at Luke and he nodded. Ashton lifted up his sleeves. She gasped seeing all the scars. Old faded scars to the freshly cut ones. Luke clinched his jaw shut and turned away. His mom cleaned up those cuts too.

"Luke, give us a moment." She gave her son a small smile.

He walked out his room.

"Ashton, what's causing you to hurt yourself." She asked.

Ashton didn't answer.

"Luke tells me everything." She laughed. "He was very upset when you broke the promise. I've never seen him like that. He looked broken, hurt, betrayed." She shook her head. "But it's not your fault. It's hard for you to stop. It's become a habit of yours. Luke wants to help you, but you need to help yourself." She stood from in front of him.

"I'm sorry, I hurt him. He did nothing but care for me and protect me from the bullies at school...and I hurt me." Ashton sighed. "Tell me, Can he fix a broken soul?"

"You'll have to ask him that." She smiled. "My name is Liz. But please call me Momma Liz. All Luke's friends call me that." She put her hand on the doorknob. "By friends I mean Calum."

She left leaving Ashton sitting on Luke's bed. Ashton rolled his sleeves down and stood. He needed to get home and fast. He walked out Luke's room.

"I'll walk you home." Luke said.

Ashton nodded. They walked to Ashton's house in silence. He saw his step-dad's car in the drive way. Ashton is in for a rude awakening.

He waved Luke goodbye and walked inside. His step-dad began yelling at him.

************************
I hope you all enjoyed this. If you need to talk about anything please message me. I may not understand but I'll listen, because sometimes that's all what you need. Is for someone to hear you out. ❤

Comment, Share & Vote !! 👍

Xx