Chapter one

"Who are you?" I asked, my voice rustic as I looked up from my fiddle position. The night air covered me in a black silk blanket and my eyes sparkled and shining like two red gems in the ground. The man standing in front of me only looked curiously as he stood with his dark colored hoodie loosely hanging around his face, with his dark drown hair almost covering his mysterious black eyes. He didn't seem afraid of me; rather, he was intrigued. What was he was thinking? I didn't know. The cold air breezed over my skin sending a shiver of fear down my spine; I knew I didn't have much time until I would completely transform. The man suddebly crouched down looked at me without saying a word. I clenched my claw-like hands into a fist, feeling my pointed nails dig into my skin as I felt my heart simultaneously skip. This guy had to be trouble. "You're lost aren't you?" He spoke simply, his deep and captivating voice catching me way off guard. Usually that's not what people say when they first see me half transformed. It's more... "what are you?", or "Get out!"
I stared at him for the longest time, trying to make out why he was talking to me. Should I run? No. That would be pointless. I have no where to go if I did. Like it or not I'm a lone wolf now. "Who are you?" I asked, glaring at him. "The name's Kim Taehyung." I repeated the name in my head, familiarizing it so I wouldn't forget. Why I did this, I didn't know. "Why are you here Kim Taehyung?" I asked, showing no emotion in my features as best as I could. I didn't know this guy in the slightest, and for all I know he could be working for my brother. Kim Taehyung let his lips curl up into a small smile, but only for a split second. "Just call me Taehyung." He spoke lightly, before returning to his previous serious manner. Where we were, the stillness of the alleyway whistled slightly in the winds, like it was telling secrets only it knew. As a silence over came the two of us, I waited for him to speak, and I could tell Taehyung was doing the same. I continued to sit patiently there even so; after all, he was was the one to come to me, a stranger sitting in a dirty alleyway all alone. I looked at the full moon from the corner of my eyes. As I stared back, seeing how it shown brightly through the opening above us and illuminated our surroundings. I looked back at Taehyung, finally getting a good look at his features. He looked around my age, older perhaps, dark colored-brown hair, a sharp jawline, and his dark oval eyes stared down at me. "Who are you?" I asked again, more stern this time. It took Taehyung a split second to respond. "A friend." he simply replied. "A friend?" I repeated suspiciously, not believing him for a minute. Any "friend" I ever had was controlled by my brother. "I don't have anything like that." I sneered. I didn't show my teeth as I talked though, hiding my fangs securely in my sweatshirt sleeve. Maybe I should show them. Any sane person would run if they saw a werewolf girl's teeth. Besides I didn't need another death because I went wild, but that only happens when my emotions are spun out of control. I couldn't take it if I hurt another person. I mumbled random words of regret reminiscing the first time I turned. I had no control and ended up killing my mom. Blood was all over my fur and I didn't even know who it was, nor did my body care at that point. It was only until morning came when I transformed back that I knew the deed I had done. My mom was the only person to ever treat me like a part of the family. My younger brother and dad didn't like me. No, rather they despised me. I was the oldest sibling of the alpha of our whole pack. That meant one thing: I would become the next alpha when my parents died. There was only one problem. I was an illegitimate child of my father. My mom had cheated on my dad twenty three years ago. Did that matter to him? Of course it did, but he wouldn't dare let our family's secret get out. That would ruin his reputation. Instead he treated me like trash, and not even a few days ago he tried to marry me off to another alpha's son, when I hadn't even imprinted on him. Of course that didn't matter to him, since he was only going to kill me after the wedding. If I hadn't overheard my brother and "future" husband talking before I was about to go get ready for the ceremony about the assassination, I would be dead right now.

I've been on the run since then, trying to live off the street. I was an outcast. My brother was looking for me, I knew full well of that, and of course instead of running, I'm here talking to a complete stranger. Taehyung looked at me with concern in his eyes, but ignored my mumbles, smart not to ask me what was wrong. "What's your name?" He asked me, tilting his head to the side. "Giala." I said, not even thinking. I had been so deep in thought that I said my name without even thinking. I cursed myself and felt my blood boil inside me. I suddenly panicked, realizing that I forgot that it was a full moon tonight and I was about to transform any minute now. Taehyung smiled at me "why don't you come back with me. You can live with me until you feel safe." I was too worried about the moon to catch what he said and frantically looked up. It mocked me with its bright light dancing with the stars, practically driving me crazy. Taehyung stood up and reached out his hand. "Come on." He urged. I looked up at him and back at the moon. I was crazy, wasn't I? If I went with him then no one would catch me transform and it would give me a good hideout from my brother. It was better then living on the street, that's for sure. I ended up nodding my head in agreement and standing up, not grabbing his hand back, and hiding my claws as much as possible. "Let's just hurry ok?" I stuttered nervously. Taehyung retracted his hand, like it was nothing and smiled at me, putting his hands in his sweater pockets. His rectangular smile glowed in the moonlight just like my eyes. "Follow me then."

Taehyung unlocked the door to his apartment easily and strode in, dropping the keys on the kitchen table that was near by. "So, welcome." He smiled brightly again. I looked around hastily, finding a room I could hide in. The apartment was big, I guess, but it was simple. A living room with a tv and couch, a kitchen and a wooden table, acting as the dining room. The rooms were down a hallway and the bathroom was too. Taehyung noticed me looking nervously around and nodded his head towards the hallway. "Your room is over there. All the way down. You can go in there now if you like." I raised my eyes and hurriedly ran down the hallway, throwing open the door quickly and rushing in, locking the door behind me as I did so. There was a single window, facing towards the moon and the light hit my face hard, and as it did I finally let my werewolf self free and let the transforming take over. It doesn't hurt when we transform, rather it feels like our bodies are surrendering itself to another being. When you first transform you don't have control over the spirit of the beast inside you and you have to learn to control it. For the most part it works and you can freely control your wolf body and instincts. However, if your emotions are stirred up or if your near fire, the beast is sent free and it consumes your body for a few hours. But a few hours is all it needs to plunder and kill.

I walked around the room with my four legs and shaggy self. It wasn't anything new to me transforming, but every time I do I remember my mom having to keep myself from losing it, and focus on remaining calm. I walked in a circle and laid down on the ground, letting my head rest on the ground. I took up a lot of room, it wasn't like I looked like a dog. No, I was three times the size of a regular wolf with caramel brown fur, sharp teeth, and Beaton red eyes with claws that could cut through steel.

I didn't hear Taehyung walking around the house rest of the night and suspected that he had gone to bed. I sighed, which basically sounded like a whine in my wolf form and looked at the door from my position. I locked the door right? I asked myself anxiously. I really don't need him walking in and seeing me now. If he wasn't scared before, then he's definitely going to be terrified when he sees me. It still puzzled me why he, a human, of all people would help me out. He barely...no, I take that back, he doesn't know anything about me. Why would he help me? Maybe I should ask him tomorrow?

I closed my eyes slowly, tired from the day, and fell asleep, making a mental reminder to ask Taehyung about tonight. I can talk to him tomorrow morning when I transform back.