Chapter nine

Taehyung POV

I didn't know what to do or where I was going, nor did I care at the moment as the wind whipped in my face. I ran down the streets, the afternoon sun pouring down on me. It was late afternoon, so I still had a little time before the moon came, but I didn't know if I would be able to go back. I clutched my shoulder, the pain from the imprintment increasing the further I ran.

That doesn't make sense! I told myself again for the hundredth time. She can't be alive! I've already accepted her death and moved on, so why am I acting like this?

I turned into a nearby ally, the light of the day, lethargically beginning to be filled with the shadows of the night. I looked up at the sky, worry painting across my face. Because of my jumbled up brain moving a million miles per hour, I had stupidly miss judged the time. How long had I been out here? Damn. I need to get back. I can't transform in front of people! I looked around the corner, taking a deep breath, trying to distract myself from the throbbing in my arm. I didn't know how far I had ran either, but I thought if I could run at full speed I maybe could get back in time. I took out my phone to call Hoseok. I absolutely didn't want him in the apartment when I came back. It would be to close to call with the moon rising.

The wind scratched my face as I ran down the streets once again, the same thoughts fighting in my head like two tornadoes. Even with me going back I didn't know how to act towards Giala anymore. She wouldn't remember today, but I certainly would.

What if she's telling the truth?

I found my heart rate increasing as I thought of the small possibility of G being alive. I shook my head almost immediately at this. No. She's dead. I saw it.

I ran up to my door throwing it open, just as the moon rose, the light hitting my skin just as I skidded to a halt inside the safety of my apartment. The tv noise buzzed in the room as I felt my nails growing to a point and my heavy breathing becoming heavier and gruffly, like a dog. I fell to my knees frantically as the hair on my legs and arms grew and my bones morphed. I bared my teeth, growling slightly until the transformation was complete and I stood on four legs.

Where's Giala? I thought, looking around.

I carefully raised my paws, taking a step slightly towards the noise of the living room. I made sure not to make a sound. Was Namjoon right? Did she stay in her human form? I walked into the living room, barely seeing over the couch. I slowly peaked over the couch, my mixture of chocolate and light brown fur brushing the material it was made out of. Giala was laying on the couch, staring at the tv. I sighed, thankful she hadn't seen me yet. But, because I was in my wolf form it came out more like a loud whine a dog makes when someone steps on its tail. Giala rolled her head in my direction and looked at me, her head dangling from one side. "V?" She whined automatically. I backed up, meeting her drunken looking eyes. "V, come here." She slurred out stretching her good arm, clutching her hand in and out. I moved my head back and forth, unable to speak. I didn't dare move from my position. Giala whined at my disobedience and leaned forward, immediately losing her balance, falling with a thud on the floor. That idiot. I waited for her to get up, but she didn't, the worrying pain starting to arise in my chest. Not evening thinking, I walked over to her and nuzzled her shoulder with my nose.

Is she unconscious?

I heard a soft laugh come from her mouth and realized she was actually awake.  I backed up, sitting back on my hind legs, peering  down at her nervously. My realization too late as I had done what she wanted all along. She laughed again and opened her eyes. "Hey....come here......" Giala slurred, still not happy. I just stood there, ignoring her and not moving. This time don't move I told myself.