Chapter Two: School and Friends

~Saren's POV~

A week has passed since I started living with Kaiden’s family and pack; it’s been nice living here, everyone is kind to me and don’t treat me like a slave. I actually feel as if I belonged here, like I belong to a real pack. My pack has only three others in it; Seth Little eagle who is fifteen years old and the delta of the pack. He acts and looks like he is more my age. John Clearwater is sixteen and the beta of the pack. He looks more along the line of twenty rather than sixteen. Seth and John look and act like brothers. Come to think of it, I think Kaiden told me that they’re half-brothers. Seth and John both have the same length of black hair and silver eyes. Seth keeps his hair tied back in a ponytail while John leaves his hair down. They’re both handsome, but the one who catches my eyes the most is the alpha of the pack, Kaiden. He’s eighteen, or at least he will be tomorrow; Kaiden’s hair is the same length as Seth and John’s and like John, he keeps it down. My favorite features on him are his golden eyes, his breath taking smile, his heart warming voice, and his masculine figure. Compared to all of them though, I look like I could be at least fourteen. I have don’t look anything like my mother, except for her oddly light blue eyes. I have blond hair, and my skin is pale and barely even worth looking at. When I see Kaiden, I want to be strong like him and be able to keep him safe like he has me. We live with Kaiden’s parents, Thane and Lydia; they are the elders of the pack. Thane was the alpha and Lydia was the beta; my mother, Felicia, was the delta.

                Kaiden came into my room and saw me writing in my journal. He sat down on my bed and I put my journal on the bed stand. After Kaiden sat down, he handed me a sheet of paper; it looked to be a school schedual.

                “What’s this for?” I asked him.

                “You’re going to school with us. This is your schedual for your classes; it’s only fair that you go to school like the rest of us,” Kaiden told me. I’ve never been to school, my mom mostly taught me. I’m scared to go, but yet I feel excited. I get to go to school with Kaiden!

                “Thank you, Kaiden, I can’t wait” I said enthusiastically. I threw my arms around his shoulders and hugged him. As soon as I realized what I was doing, I pushed myself way blushing.

                “S-sorry about that,” I stuttered. He laughed.

                “It’s alright,” He smiled. He stood up and walked out of the room and came back in this time carrying a blue backpack; he set it on my bed.

                “Here are your school supplies, you start tomorrow,” Kaiden said to me. I smiled and blushed. This man, the one who saved me when I wanted to die most, he is helping me trying to have a normal life. Now I remember why I like him so much! Tomorrow is Monday and I’ll be going to school with my pack. I’m scared only because I’ll be around humans, but I like the fact that Kaiden and I will be in the most of the same classes. I mostly kept thinking about Kaiden’s birthday and about what to get him. I have no idea what I’m going to get him! Does he like cars? Sports?...Magazines with naked girls in them? No, no, no, I’m not getting him that! Better yet, instead of trying to think this over, I’ll just ask Seth and John. I down the hall to Seth’s room and see him listening to music. From the sound of it, it sounded like metal. I tap him on the shoulder and he looks at me. He takes his head phones off and sits up.

                “What’s up Saren?” Seth asks.

                “Do you know what I should get for Kaiden’s birthday?” I asked him. He smirked.

                “He won’t accept presents. He says having all of us here is good enough,” Seth told me.

                “In other words, you don’t know,” I said.