Chapter 3: Are You Jealous or Not?

The past couple of days have been hard, school was fine and talking to my new friends was great, but Kaiden, I feel like he’s avoiding me. I try to talk to him but then he is always busy. Christopher sits next to me at lunch while I’m sitting with my new friends. Seth and John are trying to get Kaiden to talk to me, but it doesn’t seem to do any good. Today was Friday and my date was tonight. I was actually kind of nervous. I’ve never really been out on a date. Christopher saw me looking at Kaiden and put his arm around me.

                “Are you okay?” He asked me. I look at him and see how worried he is. I nod. Kara and Naomi look at me also with worried eyes. Liara on the other hand is angry that Kaiden is avoiding me. I stood up and walked into the building and went for my locker. I took out the supplies I needed for my next class and closed my locker. I walked across the hall and slid down the side of the wall. I arms were wrapped around my knees and my head was hiding. I wanted to burst out crying. Kaiden, why aren’t you talking to me?

                “Saren, do you want to talk about it?” A familiar voice asked. Christopher sat next to me. He wiped the tears away. I wanted to cry harder, as soon as more tears fell, Christopher pulled me close to comfort me. He was rubbing my back trying to soothe me. When I calmed down, I was able to stand back up again but not without his help. He lent me a hand and helped me up, we looked at each other in the eyes, his face got closer, and then he kissed me. My first kiss and by Christopher who is supposed to be helping me get Kaiden. I couldn’t stop though, he was a good kisser. He pushed me against the wall still kissing. I realized where we were and gently pushed him away. I was beat red. I love Kaiden, I can’t be kissing Christopher.

                “Saren, I’m sorry, I-I don’t know what came over me,” he said to me.

                “It was just in the moment, we better go back to the others,” I said. We started walking down the hall and out of the building into the courtyard. I sat next to Liara, and she saw how red my eyes were. She stood up and stormed towards Kaiden.

                “You have some nerve,” she said to him.

                “Pardon?” He asked her.

                “Your such an idiot, can’t you tell your hurting Saren?” She asked him. He looked at me and saw my red eyes. He didn’t realize how much I was hurting. He looked back at Liara.

                “Look, that was the last thing I wanted to do, I just didn’t want to get between him and Christopher,” he said to her.

                “That’s a lie and you know it, you’ve been avoiding him for the past week!” She yelled at him. I stood up and walked over to her.

                “Liara, it’s alright, can we just go back and sit down?” I asked her. I didn’t bother to look at Kaiden; I can’t look him in the eye. She looked at me and held my hand.

                “Okay, come on,” she said. We walked back towards the table and finished our lunch. This pain in my chest, it hurts so much, I feel like I’m going to cry again.

~Kaiden’s POV~

                When I found out Saren was going to go out with Christopher, I was beyond upset; I was angry. When is this feeling? I don’t want Saren with him. I see him and he’s always upset, and I know it’s my fault. I want to comfort him and tell him that I don’t hate him, but I can’t even look him in the eye. Seth and John looked at me with disappointed eyes.

                “You should talk to Saren, he doesn’t deserve this,” John said to me. John, one of my best friends is telling me to make up with my newest friend and Omega.