Chapter 6: The Eighteenth Year Part One: Life or Death

Well, today’s the day; I’m officially eighteen and ready to see if Kaiden is my mate. I removed the blanket and stood up out of my bed. I looked in the mirror and saw a purplish stop on my neck; it must have been from the other night when Kaiden kissed my neck. I blushed and touched the spot that was marked be Kaiden. Then I remember the soft and passionate touch from his lips on mine. I touch my lips and blushed even more. I looked away shaking my head. I have to get ready for the day. I need to find my turtle neck. I looked in the back of my closet and found my white turtle neck shirt. I grabbed a pair of faded jeans and put them on. When I was ready I looked in the mirror again and saw my tousled hair. I started fixing it trying to look my best for Kaiden. When I was done with my hair, I started walking out my bedroom door and down the stairs. With each step I could feel myself becoming more and more nervous. I reached the last step and heard Kaiden and his parents talking in the kitchen. Seth and John were there too, laughing; as usual. I walked into the kitchen and Lydia saw me.

                “Happy birthday, Saren,” she said to me. I blushed again, so they all remembered. Seth and John came up to me and both ruffled up my hair.

                “Guys, I just fixed my hair!” I shouted at them. They laughed.

                “Oh come on, nothing wrong with messy hair,” Seth said. Now is the time to get him back.

                “Your right, then how come your hair is always brushed and tied back? I never see it messed up,” I told him. He blushed and scratched his head. John and Kaiden laughed.

                “Okay, point taken. You’re so lucky you’re the birthday boy,” Seth said to me. He started to pout. I placed my hand on his shoulder and smiled at him.

                “I may be lucky, but at least we both get cake,” I said to him. Then his face lit up like a little kids. This fifteen year old boy loved his cake. He walked over to the table with me and sat down next to John. I sat down next to Kaiden and looked at him. He smiled at me and grabbed my hand under the table. I blushed and smiled back. Lydia placed our breakfast in front of us. It was my favorite; a bacon, egg, and cheese casserole. She really made this for me? It takes about two hours to make.

                “Thank you Lydia,” I said to her. She smiled and walked around the table and kissed my cheek.

                “You’re finally a grown man, after only a month and a half of knowing you, it feels like you’ve been here for years,” she said. She had a sad look in her eye. I stood up and hugged her.

                “I’m glad I came to live with you guys, I’ve had the time of my life, and don’t worry, I’m not going anywhere as long as the pack needs me,” I said.

                “Good, we’re not ready to hand over our little Omega to a university just yet,” John said. Did he just call me little?

                “John, I’m older than you, I should be calling you little,” I said to him. He stood up and compared our height, trying to be funny. Okay I’m five ‘foot four ‘inches and he’s about five ‘foot seven ‘inches.

                “As I can see here, I’m taller than you, your little compared to me,” John said. Kaiden stood up and was at my side.

                “And as I can see here, I’m taller than you, John. Cut the birthday boy a break. It’s a special day,” Kaiden said winking at me. I blushed a bright red. Kaiden and John laughed at the remarks, or maybe from the fact that I’m blushing.