Chapter 7: The Eighteenth Year: Mated and Loved

~Saren’s POV~

                I woke up in a field of flowers, it was beautiful, and they were all thorn less roses, my mom’s favorite. There were white and blue roses. The blue match my eye color. I looked around and found my mom and dad looking at me. I ran up to them and hugged them.

                “Saren, I’m so sorry,” mom apologized. I pulled away.   

                “It wasn’t your fault mom, it was Caleb’s and Torren’s, not yours,” I said to her. She was in tears. She was really scared that I’m going to die.

                “Son, you shouldn’t be here, it’s not your time,” dad said to me. I looked at him. Not my time?

                “What do you mean?” I asked. Mom and dad looked at each other and back at me.

                “Saren, you’re not meant to die yet,” mom told me.

                “Mom, I was injected with enough Wolf’s Bain to kill me, Caleb knew that,” I said. Mom looked at me with serious eyes.    

                “Caleb didn’t try to kill you for his own reasons, Victor ordered him to kill you,” mom told me.

                “You can’t be serious, I mean, sure Victor hates me, but he wouldn’t really want me…I mean, I’m practically his son, he wouldn’t,” I stuttered. Mom hugged me and I realized I was crying. I couldn’t find the words to speak. When am I going to do? When am I supposed to do? I hugged mom back and cried more. I could feel her tears on my shoulder. She was ashamed that she bared sons for that man.  I looked at her and smiled.

                “I guess I’m not really surprised…am I really dying?” I asked. Mom smiled and shook her head.

                “No, someone is trying to keep their hold on you; they don’t want you to leave. I think you’ve found your mate, Saren,” mom said. I looked at her with shocked eyes. I suddenly felt my hand get warm. Kaiden must be holding my hand.

                “You mean, Kaiden is-“She nodded and smiled. Kaiden is my mate. He was healing me through his touch. Only a mate can do that. When one’s mate is sick or on the verge of dying, they can give off some of their energy to heal them; Kaiden was healing me because I’m his mate! I could feel myself getting warmer, when I came here, I felt nothing. This is Kaiden’s energy; his love is warming up and bringing me back.

                “Saren, we love you, be with your mate and live happily,” She said to me. I hugged her and she hugged back.

                “I love you too,” I said. I woke up in my room. I saw Kaiden with his eyes closed and my hand near his lips; he was praying.

                “Kaiden…” I said. My voice was still too quiet, but I was able to speak. Kaiden looked at me with shocked, happy eyes. His hand was on my cheek, I held it there when he let go of my hand. He sat on my bed and looked at me.